iheringi or pulchripes or both

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
What do you think?
i am very tempted to buy a young G.iheringi female and the seller also has some G.pulchripes slings..
is it redundant to have both?
or are they different enough in their behaviour?

What's the charm of pulchripes that iheringi lack?

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Totally different. Iheringi is not your calm, typical Grammy. I just took a video of her craziness hunting, just need to edit the 30 sec pause in the middle. Her hunting is something between a mayfly and Tasmanian devil. Fast flying legs all over the enclosure. Here’s the uncut version if you want to see now. There’s a pause when the cricket hides at the top of her enclosure, but she does get it. Whole thing is 3 minutes.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
What do you think?
i am very tempted to buy a young G.iheringi female and the seller also has some G.pulchripes slings..

You can have two of the same species, acting totally different.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Totally different. Iheringi is not your calm, typical Grammy. I just took a video of her craziness hunting, just need to edit the 30 sec pause in the middle. Her hunting is something between a mayfly and Tasmanian devil. Fast flying legs all over the enclosure. Here’s the uncut version if you want to see now. There’s a pause when the cricket hides at the top of her enclosure, but she does get it. Whole thing is 3 minutes.

That was DELIGHTFUL. What a rumpus. Like a gawky teenager scrambling for the front of the line when someone says the magical phrase "free food" 🤣

Spinnenfritzi

Arachnopeon
Some species are more into sports and others into soap operas.... others have been observed listening to Bach while grooming.

sparticus

Arachnoknight
I think this is a pretty common disposition for G. iheringi, this reputation was why I purchased the species (that and the color, which is stunning). My girl also hunts like she may never see another meal in her lifetime, in a frenzy of chaotic violence. She does not disappoint- I love it. 😅

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I think this is a pretty common disposition for G. iheringi, this reputation was why I purchased the species (that and the color, which is stunning). My girl also hunts like she may never see another meal in her lifetime, in a frenzy of chaotic violence. She does not disappoint- I love it. 😅
That’s the perfect term for it! Cracks me up as I’d read they have been known to stalk their prey. In contrast, my genic stomps up to prey and then grabs it, whereas my iheringi just flails arms in the general direction of the prey until she hits it and then barrel rolls it. This is why I don’t drop prey in front of my terrestrials. It’s far more fun to watch them hunt, given the room to do so.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What do you think?

Both are amazing
G.pulchripes I lost sadly first lost as mature male , others just to mystery causes.. hopefully someday I can afford more.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
Grammostola iheringi are a treat! Not at all like your regular Grammostola. I have three, two males and one female, and they are all amazing. Really great feeding responses, like the vid from IntermittentSygnal showed lol. They also grow much faster than other Grammostola and they can get huge. My mature male moulted out to a very leggy 8" last year.

20230912_003416.jpg

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For me it has to be iheringi. I've kept most Grammy's over the years and the only 1 I've never been attached to was pulchripes. I still have 4 Grammys in my collection now including iheringi and it's 1 of my favourites to feed 😁

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I say G. iheringi if I was forced to pick only 1. Rarely do any of us actually do that, kinda why we’re here 🤣

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire

The Iheringi looks awesome there. I love my G Pulchripes but I gotta get one of these :rofl:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel

I got 3 of those type of enclosures last month they look very nice. Got 2 of the largest ones and a medium one.

It will be awhile before I use them as the slings have alot of growing to do.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I got 3 of those type of enclosures last month they look very nice. Got 2 of the largest ones and a medium one.

It will be awhile before I use them as the slings have alot of growing to do.
If wonders if anyone enjoys them