Iguana emergency... now, meet Falcore!

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He is doing great!

He loves going outside (we have a small tree in the yard that he can climb, but I can still reach him at the top). He is eating WONDERFULLY (collard and mustard greens are his favorite, with strawberry and bites of banana being a close second). He is getting green, and getting much fatter!!!

He has a bit of an attitude, but he is not skittish or fearful AT ALL. He will let me hold and pet him without protest, but puffs up big if anyone else tries to! He still has not actually bitten, however, and I don't think that he intends to... he just has opinions!

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow! He looks amazing!! It's hard to believe he was so sick and near death a couple months ago. It's funny that you mention the Beardie being obsessed with him and he has no inclination towards the Beardie whatsoever... my Hugo is fascinated or jealous or both with the Uro, Tandoor... yet, Tandoor could care less about Hugo. :rolleyes:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Thanks for the vid! Yeah he really seems to have improved a lot (not that I'm an expert though ofcourse ;) ).

I love the webbing in the tank!

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just read your entire story! Wow! What a wonderful family Falcore has now!

He looks so happy and alive! His little back spikes are standing... I was amazed watching him eat!

Congrats! (((HUGS)))

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is wonderful!!!!! It is so great just to see him eating his green eagerly and enjoying them!!!!! I'm so glad he is healthy now, and he has a family that loves him!!!!!! You, and your family, ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :clap: :worship: :clap: :worship: :clap:

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the kind responses.

So today, I thickened up his food a bit with more collard and some applesauce, and he ate a bit from a dish as well as he could, and took another 24CCs via syringe.

I just went to check on him, and he climbed up my arm. He is now on my shoulder. We have formed quite the level of trust, both of us. I am trusting him to not bite my face, and he is totally at ease with me handling him (including his mouth to manipulate the syringe around his sores). This is the first time that I have just sat with him over my shoulder, and we are both rather comfortable.

He is getting color back, every day. It is AMAZING how fast he is getting color back.

He still has not passed any movements. I am going to soak him in warm water a bit later and hope for the best. If he eats daily and still does not pass anything by Friday, I will expedite my intentions on getting him vetted (read: take a draw instead of waiting for paycheck) so that I can make sure he is not dangerously "backed up".
No, Thank you for saving those poor iggies. Those three were products of ignorance and negligence. How can people do that to another living creature?