If you had this limit, what would you choose?

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
At the moment I have a B. boehmei, a B. albopilosum, and a G. rosea. I have a limit of 5 T's in my current home and I've decided for my final 2 I want an L. parahybana, and a defensive old world, but I can't decide between an H. lividum and a P. murinus. H. lividum are very pretty but they are a pet hole. though P. murinus aren't bad looking either, but I'm not sure if they are a burrower or a terrestrial. Any input would be appreciated.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. murinus burrow, but I'm pretty sure you'll see it more than a lividum. Thats just from what I've read though. My murinus is still a sling, so I dont have much personal experience with their behavior.

dGr8-1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P.murinus. Mines a real display. It has been featured on live television for three times already. :)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
oh well, the lividum is very nice, but you might as well have a cage filled with dirt... you will see the murinus more often, so that's what i'd go for. or maybe look into these:

any poecilotheria ;)

heteroscondra maculata

chilobrachys fimbriatus - just got a 1.5 sling, they are gorgeous and better display ts than many ow. nervous, but run rather than bite most of the time.

any ceratogyrus - nice horn, and out in the open a bit more than pokies ime

have fun chosing. but wait... why don't you just buy slow growing tiny slings??? you'll have to move to get more ts anyway :p

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi its got to be the p. murinus very good to keep webs a lot eats a lot and can be a bit nasty but it will not be a pet hole lol --- phil

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get the murinus. They are the easiest to take care of and you can get a lividium down the road when circumstances change.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd pick the p. murinus. If I wanted something longer lived, I would probably take c. crawshayi instead.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would go for an arobreal honestly.

H Maculata, or maybe Avics, or if your up for it a Pokie.

Arboreals are usually seen more plus its different.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would go with p. murinus as well. They are fun to watch grow, great eaters and webbers. As far as burrowing goes I have not owned one that chose to burrow. My slings did a little but that did not last long. I see them all the time adding to their web palace and they kill so quickly its great to watch.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think I've ever seen my P. murinis. My lividium is the same way. If this is your final spider, I'd go with a pocielotheria species. Formosa or ornata, perhaps?

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
P. murinus can be every bit as much a pet hole as H. lividum. I've got two murinus that I haven't seen in almost a year. Crickets keep disappearing so I know they're alive. Personally, I'd go for a Ceratogyrus, maculata, or one of the Pokies.

Tuotatis

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!

Spider_fan if I were you, I would chooce the P. murinus or a Poecilotheria (ornata, fasciata, formosa, regalis). They are big, pretty tarantulas.

When You decided, would you write here, please?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Def. not a murinus... I NEVER see mine as it's a pet hole. Personally I don't see the point of getting a pet you will never see. I'll sell you mine!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know you want OW but if you want something that is pretty, active, and eats and webs a lot, you should think about a GBB. They are really beautiful, and they don't hide, they are movers.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
honestly, i never had an aboreal, and now I dont know how I could have gone without one, lol...maybe consider getting an a. avic just to see if u like them, they are so pretty and mine stays in sight all day so far..

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At the moment I have a B. boehmei, a B. albopilosum, and a G. rosea. I have a limit of 5 T's in my current home and I've decided for my final 2 I want an L. parahybana, and a defensive old world, but I can't decide between an H. lividum and a P. murinus. H. lividum are very pretty but they are a pet hole. though P. murinus aren't bad looking either, but I'm not sure if they are a burrower or a terrestrial. Any input would be appreciated.
For your final two T's I'd get the most expensive ones out there as slings and raise them up to adults then if you have to give them away for whatever reason or just dont want them any more you can sell them for any price and still make some / most of your money back..Like i wanted an adult or a sub adult B emilia and L. parahybana but these guys cost an arm and a leg as adults so I have to start off as babies so that's ok. and actually next week I'm going either buy one more of each or just two or three more L. parahybanas because as slings they are only 6 dollars compared to adults on botar's page that are like 100 dollars lol...

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was thinking GBB or a Pokie... Neither of the choices you laid forth seem to be a nice closure to your collection (But, that is just my opinion :) )

Good luck in making this difficult choice!

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would go with the GBB in a heart beat. They web a ton and are very active and lets not forget about the killer feeding reaction. Trust me, get the GBB you will be very happy

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought about a GBB, but I already would have a display T in the L. parahybana. I want something that will be a challenge to keep, but with the challenge coming from the spider's attitude, not difficult to keep climate conditions.