"If you come any closer......!!"

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
During a photosession my usumbara had enough (and I coulnd't get enough...)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think that's their version of a smile. If so, it means mine is always happy to see me!

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine only ever spazzes out when I breathe on it. If I blow near it or anything it freaks out and hisses and rears up. It is more entertaining than scary.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooh I love that pose! That is a great shot! My usumbara hasn't yet reared up at me... she just hides in her webbing in the corner of her cage :D

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I kinda want one but im not sure if i could handle it's fiestyness!
What kind of setups do they need?

Mark

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Deep substrate, very dry, a piece of cork or two for climbing, and a water dish. They're pretty nocturnal, so if you have to change water or do other cage maintenance, do it during the day.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
That is an absolutely stunning photo! The way it captures the iridecense of the pads of the feet is awesome! You can post pics here ANYTIME - hint hint :D

Gail

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gail
That is an absolutely stunning photo! The way it captures the iridecense of the pads of the feet is awesome! You can post pics here ANYTIME - hint hint :D

Gail
I agree. Absolutely stunning!

Joy

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mu Usambara jumps and bites..lol.. she stands on her hind legs and waits till the perfect moment. When I bought her a couple crickets the othe day I was trying to drop it into it's toilet paper roll but she jumpec up and grabbed it out of my fingers..lol

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sheesh, I wish my Usambra would just pose and hiss...if I'm lucky she won't strike any more than 3 or 4 times after jumping and running towards me. Its time to change her substrate also, I wanna have someone here to film it because this is always a blast...and a huge effort! hehe.

PS. I agree with the mass....excellent excellent shot! Is that thing on your freakin bed? How did you get it to behave? How did you get it out of the cage without losing 4 fingers in the process? lol.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish mine would pose and stay put. Mine gives no warning whatsoever, it rears up and strikes.. so much for waiting a second.. It's neat to watch though, but the other day I was bit through the screen! One fang lodged itself in my right index finger, but luckily for me it was a dry bite. I hear their poison is rather potent.

Crashin J

Arachnopeon
Shucks you guys are lucky. Mine always stays in its buro. In fact I've only seen it the day I got it! I can look down into its buro and see a leg, or some body part sometimes but thats it!

Really cool picture!

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah mine has a severe hissing problem..at first I thought I was hearing things but realized that monster hisses..but she is so cute. She can be calm when not threatened and crawl onto my arm and sit there. She is a baby also..he he. I mean you can't blame the creatures for not being able to see. BTW great pic! I am lucky to get a good one let alone get one. ;P ;P ;P

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Usumbara dental plan

Originally posted by Ephesians
Is that thing on your freakin bed? How did you get it to behave? How did you get it out of the cage without losing 4 fingers in the process? lol.
Very sharp observation, it is my bed. When I took this pic, I only had her for about 3 days, and it had not started to construct elaborate webbing. I was able to take her out of the cage with little nudges from a (very...) large tweezer. When it went over the edge I let it walk on a cork slab (that I was holding with my other hand, and put the cork on the bed. I will not try this another time since she is now quite comfy in her cage.

Had some time on my hands: this is my look upon the rearing up of this animal :D :

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Raveness
Yeah mine has a severe hissing problem..at first I thought I was hearing things but realized that monster hisses..but she is so cute. She can be calm when not threatened and crawl onto my arm and sit there. She is a baby also..he he. I mean you can't blame the creatures for not being able to see. BTW great pic! I am lucky to get a good one let alone get one. ;P ;P ;P

Attachments