If Tarantula bites could be placed on the Schmidt pain index...

Poonjab

Arachnoking
You have no idea how much I’d love seeing Coyote Peterson get bit my a P.metallica.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Could you imagine Coyote Peterson getting bit by something like that? Instead of his normal uncontrolled flailing, it might actually kill the poor dude. Coyote laying there motionless. His camera man: you ok? Say something if you’re ok.

Aspiring Mr T

Arachnopeon
Could you imagine Coyote Peterson getting bit by something like that? Instead of his normal uncontrolled flailing, it might actually kill the poor dude. Coyote laying there motionless. His camera man: you ok? Say something if you’re ok.
“I am ok. Just going to poop my pants”

Last edited by a moderator:

Moebius

Arachnopeon
There's a bite report that presents some interesting heart-related symptoms with C. doriae if IRC above and beyond those presented with various "Baboons"

“I am ok. Just going to poop my pants”
View attachment 333787
Bluntly put, I'd rather see him tagged by a Scolopendra deehani than any tarantula. Turn the dial up even further than anything a T can do that's exceedingly unlikely to be fatal (he's no 3 year old). THOSE.... those take the cake in my eyes with various reports regarding pain, symptoms etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Bluntly put, I'd rather see him tagged by a Scolopendra deehani than any tarantula. Turn the dial up even further than anything a T can do that's exceedingly unlikely to be fatal (he's no 3 year old). THOSE.... those take the cake in my eyes with various reports regarding pain, symptoms etc.
Love how this thread has evolved into inflicting the most pain on Coyote without potentially killing him.

Moebius

Arachnopeon
Love how this thread has evolved into inflicting the most pain on Coyote without potentially killing him.
It's inevitable, but he brought it on himself with his videos and suggestions for bites/stings. Escalation is a natural progression for sensationalized videos after all! Gotta keep the audience interested. ;)

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Not a T, but I really wish that A. robustus at least threat posed at him when he put his hand right next to it....
Its odd because i got a juvi Robustus that throws its hands up at literally the touch of its enclosure. Im hardly game enough to open it even though they cant climb plastic

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Taking a brief glance at the pain index and not being familiar with wasps or many OW spiders, I'd say a 3-4.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I'm hoping to never find out how much it hurts. But now I have to go Google who Coyote Peterson is lol.

Foggy

Arachnopeon
I'd say four, it's frequently described as being bashed oh the area with a hammer and that sounds pretty similar to a bullet ant. Not to mention the other effects caused by a single tarantula bite that aren't caused by a bullet ant...