If a spider dies before it lays its egg sac, can the babies hatch from the body?

Orion323

Arachnopeon
The Cross Orbweaver I posted about yesterday sadly passed overnight :(. I was going to give her a proper send off and started wondering what would happen if she hadn't had a chance to lay her eggs? I imagine she would have by now, but her belly is huge and I don't want to bury her if there's a chance she still has viable eggs inside.
Is that possible? Everything I've read online is from trigger happy pest control people and I don't know that I trust what they say to be true (and it's super gross).

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
female spiders store sperm after mating, and the eggs aren't fertilized until she's ready to put 'em into a sack.

Orion323

Arachnopeon
female spiders store sperm after mating, and the eggs aren't fertilized until she's ready to put 'em into a sack.
Oh! Well that cuts down on the expense of a second date I guess. Hopefully she was able to finish out that part of her life cycle and I'll find some babies in the spring. I've been a vet tech most of my life and here I am crying about a spider. Sheesh.
Glad I found this forum though. You all seem like really neat people and that's a rare thing online (and unfortunately in real life) these days.