Identification!

Placeboani2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

This is a picture of the T in the Animal unit at college. They say its a G.rosea, I know they have different colour forms. But it doesnt look like a g.rosea to me.

What do you think?

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
That looks something like Lasiodora parahybana, not Grammostola rosea to me.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L. parahybana would be my opinion as well.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does the L.difficilis have that zebra striping down the leg? I have one that looks almost identical to this one above but has a real reddish tint to its hairs. It was sold as an L.difficilis, but i'm not so sure.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Does the L.difficilis have that zebra striping down the leg? I have one that looks almost identical to this one above but has a real reddish tint to its hairs. It was sold as an L.difficilis, but i'm not so sure.
You will need to wait for a work in progress to be published if you want to accurately identify Lasiodora.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Definitely a Lasiodora sp. and not Grammostola rosea.

Placeboani2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do agree i knew from first looking at it that it wasnt a G.rosea. The size even for a female is pretty big too. As my MM G.rosea was 5-6 inch. And i know females grow bigger but the T in the animal unit on a guess is 8-9 inches.

And looking at pictures of the Lasiodora parahybana it is very very similar.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does it have orange-y colored underside/spinnerets? Is that a bowl of water crystals?

Bill

Placeboani2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does it have orange-y colored underside/spinnerets? Is that a bowl of water crystals?

Bill
Erm imnot sure about the orangy colour ill have a look.
Yeah stupidly they were water crystals.. The college seems to think it works so all the first years use it when there working in there, Although i have told them millions of times that they need water. (Dont worry i changed them as soon as i took the picture) My A.Avic is in college at the moment as im doing a investigation on the behavioural differences between an arboreal and a terrestrial tarantula, so im checking them both at least 4 times a week, so ive been making sure there being taken care of properly!