Ideas For New Scorp

seanrc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well ive only dealt with the emp scorps.. buti was wondering are any other ones that can live communal(<--?) .. also without the whole if you get stung you die thing.. lol.. im more into T's but iwanted to add somthing diff to my collection.. but i allready have 2 emps...
thanks..

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well if you like the emps you could try some H.spinifers. they are very communal. alot of species can be kept together, just some not until they are adults (or they will eat eachother when they molt) but I would recommend you look up the spinifers in the search function and see what you think.. if that not what u like perhaps look into some of the bark scorpion species. but thats a little more dangerous than emps :D

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pandinus cavimanus! That was my first scorp and still my only one currently. I luff it. :p

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello seanrc;

I have emps and then went with Heterometrus spp afterwards, they are a little more aggressive but the sting is said to be similar to emps. I just bought two P. cavimanus and love them they are similar to emps slightly smaller at adulthood.

The two I got are voracious they not only grab and rip the prey but mine sting it as well. they are IMHO more aggressive than my Heterometrus spp, these little guys burrow like a prison break attempt and I even had them hanging from my screen top.

I keep all three spp communal and for the most part they all stay to them selves.
<EDIT> Communal in their own tanks, emps with emps, Heterometrus with Heterometrus, P cavimanus with P cavimanus

So I would suggest the Pandinus cavimanus :clap:

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I love Vaejovis sipingerus :)

Small but active communal species. Cute color and not too venomous either.