Id This T

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
O.K. Now I'm having conflicting ideas about my little Hot Cheeto. Perhaps he is NOT a red phase g. rosea. He is incredibly small, but sexually mature. So... here are the pictures, I NEED YOUR HELP you arachnoexperts! What the heck is this?

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm not 100% sure, but I suggested that it looked rather P. scrofa- ish.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
:? No idea what "HE" could be, but he sure is a pretty T=D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Do you have a pic of a p.scrofa? I looked on Rick's site and couldn't find one.

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a P. scrofa picture (e-spiderworld)...
This is a female, however...I dont' think we have a pic of a mature male. But here you go, nonetheless :)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It could be a P. scrofa. They look like a small red phase G. rosea *and* have darker tips to their legs, which from your pics looks like what you've got.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hers isn't anywhere near as red as that P. scrofa pic. I thought it looked like a G. rosea, but hard to tell from the pics.

Infinity

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Palespider
Hers isn't anywhere near as red as that P. scrofa pic. I thought it looked like a G. rosea, but hard to tell from the pics.
Color isn't necessarily the best determining factor in this instance...

The T may have faded some since it molted, plus many species are sexually dichromatic and may vary.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Infinity
Color isn't necessarily the best determining factor in this instance...

The T may have faded some since it molted, plus many species are sexually dichromatic and may vary.
True the fact that it's a mature male makes it more difficult.

Jim B.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh dear... I think he is! His butt is pretty red, but he has that "faded" look to him. And his little toes are black.

Well, gotta make the best of the sitch, anybody got a female they wanna show a good time to?:D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Yup... the carapace is a dead giveaway. He's spun a sperm web, now I feel bad that I don't have a girl for him. He's definitely wanting one, he's roaming around like a madman! Poor little guy!:(

Thanks for the pic! I told my pet store guy that his dealer was selling him incorrect stuff, he sold it as a rosie. And I told him THAT'S WHY HE NEEDS TO GET SCIENTIFIC NAMES!!!

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are these relativley docile maybe even handable Ts

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
READILY handleable! A little fast because of their size, but he tends to calm down when being handled. And of course, he IS a male, so he wants to wander all over my body looking for a girl spider! :D