id this sling, please.

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck!
Except for about 75 or so very distinct species, it's hard (if not impossible in many cases) to positiviely id an adult tarantula from a picture, much less a baby.
All I can chime in with is that it's new world, possibly a Brachypelma sp. However, I've seen Lasiodora sp. and Grammostola sp. s'lings that look the same.

-Garrick

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi. No offense but it also looks loke any Brachy, Aphono, Grammo, Lasio, or about a hundred other sp..
Unfortunately, you're just going to have to grow it up a while and try again. :)

Good luck.

Atrax

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i kinda figured that it was a little too young to id. the vile taht i got it in has the name "painted leg" on it, but i guess that wont help too much.

thanks anyway guys.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is by no means an id or anything but I have heard that common name used for Brachypelma emelia. There is no way to positively id any T on just a common name though.

LOL, it's going to be like waiting for Christmas. ;)

Atrax

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by neveragain
i kinda figured that it was a little too young to id. the vile taht i got it in has the name "painted leg" on it, but i guess that wont help too much.

thanks anyway guys.
Who did you buy it from? And what is it that you ordered?

Jon

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it looks like any number of species, yes,

but, i'd throw my hat in the ring for a B.emilia based on the name..

good luck!

peace
dave

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Who did you buy it from? And what is it that you ordered?

Jon
i work at a pet store, and a few weeks ago they ordered it. and the name was "painted leg" and i guess they thought that no one would buy it, so they said i could have it.