Id this scorp too, please?

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is the one I was talking about that was sold to me as an Emperor but I was sure it was some kind of Heterometrus. Anyway, here are a few pics of it, if you can give me an accurate id on it that would be really helpful.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like an emp to me !! {D {D

at second glance maybe a hetero, could you get some better, clearer pictures of the claws?

:) :) :confused:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll wait for clearer pic too (1st thought is an emp) but if that is your tank it's in, please get it off the bark chips and give it moist coco-fiber. Except for that spot of wetness, it looks bone dry.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is practicly no granulation on the carapace, so it can be H.laoticus, but I go for P.imperator.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, i don't think it is a P.imp look at metasoma. And no granulation on chela. I think H.spinifer maybe.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, it looks like a H. laoticus to me. Feel free to buy me some and send them to me. ;)

Mike

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No, i don't think it is a P.imp look at metasoma. And no granulation on chela. I think H.spinifer maybe.
I'm seeing granulation on the carapace and chela in the first pic. The lack of granulation in the second pic IMHO is due to it being blurred. but also in the second pic the chela looks not as bulberous as a P imp. and has some hard creases like a Hetero.

Hey, 'LF[Media]'. A clear, close picture of the carapace (head), chela (claws), and telson (stinger) would help, and if you give us a pic of the under side pectin area we could most likely sex it too.

<EDIT> where did it come from, country of origin? and or where do you live?

Last edited:

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could be H. petersii; they are similar to laoticus but with minor granulation. Probably H. spinifer, definitely not an emp.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I barely see what Thaedion is talking about. Probably H. petersii or H. laoticus.

P. jasonius- It isn't H. spinifer because the chela are so rounded. H. spinifer have slightly elongated chela. I have no idea about H. laoticus though, haven't gotten them yet.

Mike

hadrurus 666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It must be an emp looking at the claws,:clap: but probably a female looking at the lack of granulation on them.