ID this preserved scorpion please

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
A year or two now (before I started keeping scorpions and other arachnids), I bought a little key chain from ebay that had a little scorpion in it and to this day I have no clue what species it is. I don't have any pictures of mine but, here is a picture from Google images that looks just like the one I have. upload_2017-11-16_17-44-35.jpeg

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Chinese right? I wonder how many were sacrificed to make gaudy trinkets. A damn shame.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
Chinese right? I wonder how many were sacrificed to make gaudy trinkets. A damn shame.
I know right. Today I probably wouldn't have bought it though. Considering I bought it for $0.99 and free shipping and there are several of these for sale I would say there was a lot of scorpions killed for these.

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use to have a friend you lived in China. He would send me 40+ M.martensii and Lychas species at a time every month. Said you could buy them in the street markets for almost nothing.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like an LQ in coloring , I think I have one of those bracelets too.

Times change.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I'm not a fan of scorpions or any other insects to be killed just to be displayed and look cool. However, I would like to preserve some of my scorpions when they die of old age. Lately I've seen some pretty sad things with scorpions. For example, there is a nail salon or something like that somewhere that kills scorpions and glue them to peoples fingernails as "fashion". If I do preserve my scorpions how would I go about that? I know you can mount them and you can put them in resin like my necklace that I bought but, how would you do those things? I have a basic understanding but, I have zero of the supplies needed and zero experience so I feel like I would probably fail or do terribly.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I did a quick Google search of preserving insects/arachnids in resin. Plenty of results. Might want to practice on molted exoskeletons first to get the hang of it. I may end up trying it on some of my tarantula molts.