ID this cool looking true spider pleasee?

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
It may be a three spotted spitting spider. A very dangerous spider capable of spitting a permanently blinding venom up to 2 feet. They are incredibly accurate and usually aim for the eyes. It got its name from the fact that it can spit venom, obviously, but also from the three tiny red spots arranged in a triangle pattern on the ventral surface of its abdomen. They are virtually indistinguishable from its totally harmless (unable to spit) cousin the 2 spotted spider which has only two spots on the abdomen and they are blue. The only way to tell for sure which one you have is to turn it over on its back and check for the spots. Be careful though, the three spotted spitting spider only spits its venom if it is turned over on its back.
Cool, I did not know such spider exist good to know :happy:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What are you talking about 2 and 3 spotted spitting spiders? What species are those. Spitting spiders are completely harmless.

"Be careful though, the three spotted spitting spider only spits its venom if it is turned over on its back." What?????

Majo

Arachnopeon
This is a troll :rofl: The only spitting spider can't shot further than 0.2 inches :p (~5 mm)
and also this is not venom but gooey silk.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Can anyone id this fella? I live in Pennsylvania he's about 1.5 inches leg to leg help he has orange/brown and black legs. Also a little hairy
It is an Araneus sp. Usually we have tons of them all over the place but this year I have not seen very many. I hope that is not a trend ... :dead: