id this arachno?

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
alright my T's just molt , looks great and he manage to molt out of his old skin.:razz: any use for the old skin? do you guys keep it?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright my T's just molt , looks great and he manage to molt out of his old skin.:razz: any use for the old skin? do you guys keep it?
I just keep them for posterity. I have a big tupperware bin full of them.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you can take a pic of the inside of the moult we can sex the albiceps for you. :)

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Also, give the spider at least a week to harden up after molting before feeding it again and ensure it has access to fresh clean water in a shallow dish devoid of sponges.

It's fun to see crossover from other exotic hobbies into the tarantula one. :)

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, give the spider at least a week to harden up after molting before feeding it again and ensure it has access to fresh clean water in a shallow dish devoid of sponges.

It's fun to see crossover from other exotic hobbies into the tarantula one. :)
haha yea , been keeping snakes for years , didn't expect tarantulas to be interesting too , its been a week some updates pics

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
First off, I want to commend you limz_777 for taking such good care of your friend's impressive tarantula. I haven't posted here in a while and this thread is a "classic". Many knowledgeable people...hedorah, rosehaired and sheri have given you right on advice!
As for sexing, you will need to carefully open the abdomen end so that we can see the for white "book lungs". The area in between the upper pair is the area to look at for sexing. Spritzing lightly with water and using two tooth picks makes this a little easier.

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its quite sudden as a caretaker , well i wasn't quite ready to house one , but i am beginning to love him ,who wouldn't love a eight legged, its hairy(even flicks it at you), big fangs... :p , here a pic, if it not clear , i will post up another better shot.

Last edited:

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks like my attachment are full ,did some delete, here's the pic

Last edited:

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
great, a female , how do i ID her sex ? :? can anyone explain it in the pictures?