ID spider, please

Goblin_King

Arachnopeon

Found it in Yosemite a couple of years ago crawling up my cousin's leg while he was in bed. He brushed off his legs in the dark and heard this thump on the floor (it was pretty big, although I really can't remember how big) and then he caught it in a plastic cup. I always kind of wondered what it was. Any clue?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
interesting. that seems somewhat similar to two spiders i recently took pics of

so far i am looking at Filistridae, Segestriidae, and Gnaphosidae (but i don't know why i like that family)

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmm, I can't see any spinnerets on the tip of the abdomen, the position they are on with segestrids and gnaphosids, also from what I have seen in segestridae and gnaphosidae they lack (not sure of its name) the hole in the carapace which internally forms that spike the stomach attaches to.

but Filistatidae (I assume by Filistridae you mean filistatidae) is an excellent match for this spider, genus level though is a bit hard from this pic, I'll just through out a guess of Kukulcania purely because i think its one of the bigger genuses in the family and you say the spider was pretty large.

Kukulcania

Arachnopeon
Shape of carapace, abdomen, and the blue/green iridescence on the ventral sides of the femurs seem to indicate a tengellid species.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Shape of carapace, abdomen, and the blue/green iridescence on the ventral sides of the femurs seem to indicate a tengellid species.
+1 It is a spider from the Entelegynae group, something in the Lycosoidea superfamily. There is no way that spider can be a filistatid.:rolleyes: