ID question

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is quite hard to show the true natural color of this T, so here you have diff light pictures.She is too fuzzy and to pink to be what it was supossed to be....
Whats the ID?

Last edited:

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
???

Hey fran it seems like a eupalestras campestratus (sorry if I butchered the name) but the commo name is pink zebra beauty but thats my guess

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
shes about 7+8". Is not a PZB, suposedly is a Lasiodora...

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
Yep

Yeah ur right fran if not a PzB than its either a LP or a sp of birdeater, maybe pamphobeteus and how are the t blondis doing

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In person, and depending on the light looks like a Parahybana and sometimes a Vulpinus/Caraponensis...
The setae on the legs are extremely pink and fuzzy...Althought as it was commented to me before, younger parahybanas are "lighther" but...hm!

PS: Blondis are all molting and eating like crazy! :D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The stripes confuses, but look at the tip of the legs, how pinky they are? thats the natural color of the setae

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say not E. campestratus, the tibia doesn't look incrassate.
My first guess would be L. parahybana.

SpiderDane

Arachnopeon
IMO. I don´t think it´s a LP.

What is the red thing on it´s carapace on picture 4 ??
Definitely not something LP´s have ;)

Other then that, i´m clueless {D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That red thing is only a need for a molt carpace. You know sometimes they show those blemishes with time.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would say it is Lasi but they can be so many colors...my girl changes 3 colors in a molt cycle...Fran here are few pics that have pretty accurate color....but you know your Lasi's pretty good so I am not going to guess LOL!!

L. parahybana:

(Fresh molt):

(4-6 months into molt cycle)

(Tarsus claw, don't know if this will help....hiar color??)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
While I"m lost on IDing the T, I have to say to Robc that's the best claw photo I have ever seen!

The original spider in the thread doesn't look like E campestratus to me. But my new LP doesn't stand out among the crowd, either.

I know in other species that region and humidity both can make a difference in shade and color (horses, cats, birds). Perhaps this is the case?

Marga

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it helps at all I truly think it looks very Lasiodora, as to weather its a parahybana or not is debateable. The bristles on the abdomen and she coloring around the carapace/carapace shape all scream Lasiodora in my opinion. The redish/pinkish color could be difficilis,As they tend to be more "furry" and "pinkish"
~Aaron