ID please!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This things have massive fangs that move from right to left. Coloring is pretty cool. This one was crawling on the side of the house. They look like they might be evil. And guesses. I am horrible when it comes to IDing true spiders.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
that looks like a Sowbug/Slater Killer/Eater to me

it has big honkin fangs, relative to size, right?

it's common name is... um... hmmm....

edit:

ahahaha http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=78747

Dydera sp.

i think i have D. crocata locally. they make pretty decent pets. will accept roaches and little to medium crix. i had a communal set up that seemed to be working out pretty decently. i got babies before i noticed any deaths

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes the fangs look like they could easily sink into my skin and are seemingly 1/3 the whole body structure.....freaky looking to say the least. They just look demonic....... whats the venom on these guys?
I have found them in the past under logs and such in a cocoon with eggs. They dont react to well to that cocoon being opened.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes the fangs look like they could easily sink into my skin and are seemingly 1/3 the whole body structure.....freaky looking to say the least. They just look demonic....... whats the venom on these guys?
I have found them in the past under logs and such in a cocoon with eggs. They dont react to well to that cocoon being opened.
i don't believe their venom is especially human reactive. i have hand caught well over a dozen and short of a VERY amusing tarantula-esque threat display one threw at me they were all very nice and accomodating

i believe there might actually be a bite report in the BR section. no biggie, iirc

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd go look at the bite report but you still have not told me what it is!!!!! Scientific name that is...... will the common name come up if I search?

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'd go look at the bite report but you still have not told me what it is!!!!! Scientific name that is...... will the common name come up if I search?
He gave the genus: Dysdera. In the US I think it would just about have to be D. crocata.

I looked up the Hackledmesh, and they do have some big fangs! Coloration doesn't seem to match though. It does seem rather odd to find a sowbug killer on the side of the house, however...

Last edited:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty sure it is Dysdera crocata, these things are all over here.

Andy

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i get those sometimes around my house, and they do bite pretty hard:D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, i used to find those up in NY when i lived there,they were pretty good sized and aggressive:clap:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sorry about that. i back edit a lot of my informative posts as i have more info. otherwise i would have an even more ungodly amount of posts =P

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You already have an ungodly amount of posts. What's a few hundred more? :D