ID Please?

Paleofish

Arachnosquire
I caught this spider while looking for Ts. Any idea what species it is, and the venom potency?

Last edited:

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not sure what it is, but I really like the pattern on the carapace. How big is it?

Paleofish

Arachnosquire
Anyone? From what this spider is doing he is making a lot of webs. But the webs are not the sticky kind, But the vibration kind.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hm a purse web would be typical of alot of webbing and body shape but the colouration has me off, it also has the shape of a wolf.

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Definitely some type of wolf spider. Never seen one like that though.

Paleofish

Arachnosquire
Here is a video of the spider attacking a cricket.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ktqFepGM0s[/YOUTUBE]

RAZZBERRY

Arachnopeon
Cool spider and I think it is a funnel web spider...

ohh I don't know if its just me but the video isnt showing up for me its just a white box???

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have to say, this is my first time seeing a picture of this species. It's like a wolf spider mixed with a funnel web spider of some sort. Really pretty patterning.

Edit: Oh..it's a Funnel Web Wolf Spider. Hahaha. That makes perfect sense now. I had no idea there were funnel web wolf spiders.

THE MORE YOU LEARN!

ErikWestblom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome coloration on that spider! Love the carapace :D

Never seen one with those markings, and it's hard to get a good view of the eye arrangement, but the overall body shape and the little I can see of the eyes I'd say Lycosidae too. Sosippus sounds like a good bet. They're awesome in captivity and they'll do quite a lot of webbing. Congratulations on a sweet find!

Edit: Btw, among my videos there's a clip of a Hippasa sp. (close relatives to Sosippus) catching a cricket :) Really speedy spiders!

Paleofish

Arachnosquire
Awesome coloration on that spider! Love the carapace :D

Never seen one with those markings, and it's hard to get a good view of the eye arrangement, but the overall body shape and the little I can see of the eyes I'd say Lycosidae too. Sosippus sounds like a good bet. They're awesome in captivity and they'll do quite a lot of webbing. Congratulations on a sweet find!

Edit: Btw, among my videos there's a clip of a Hippasa sp. (close relatives to Sosippus) catching a cricket :) Really speedy spiders!

Yeah so far this one is pretty cool! I may need to see if I can catch a couple more. And thanks! So far this spider has added on to it's tube. I'll take a look at you're video.