ID please! Thanks!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol are you serious? I would say baby Heterometrus sp? and how did you manage to come across something so little and not know where it came from. :D

Last edited:

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
holy crap! it looks like a heterometrus to me. did you find that?

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
white het? doesnt even look like 1st instar, and when they molt they are already black or dark brown. what is that het? :?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's a 2nd instar Pandinus imperator.

Once again, i'm in a situation where I have to make a decision if I should just let them die or do something about it. This is the 4th baby that fell off mom's back. One baby died because I didn't do anything. I helped the other baby and it's now ok. 3rd baby molted to 2nd instar fine but fell off mom's back so he's still white and 4th baby is in critical condition. Put him in intensive care so hopefully it will be ok. Only time will tell.
They keep getting caught on the burrow. I think the burrow isn't big enough so hopefully the other babies are ok. I still see mom come out when she goes for the heat. Anyways, a few pictures of 1st instar or half 1st instar.

Ok!
I helped this guy remove the old skin so hopefully it will be ok. I'll keep you guys updated.

Helping it molt to 2nd instar. See me grabbing the old skin?

Finally got the skin off. Check the tweezer.

2nd instar Pandinus imperator in critical condition. Intensive care bed.

This is what the other guy look like now. I helped it molt and it just needs that dark skin. This boy is more active now :D

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey man... they will fall when they are molting to second instar.. but then they harden up and get back. Always happened here and i never had any problem.

Jonas

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man... they will fall when they are molting to second instar.. but then they harden up and get back. Always happened here and i never had any problem.

Jonas
Are you talking about emperors? Some of the scorplings have molted on her back with no problem. The ones on her sides keeps falling off. I never had an emperor brood. This is my 1st set.

So I should leave them alone when they fall off her back? :?

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i never breeded emperors but this happened here with Rhopalurus, Tityus, Ananteris and such. never had problems man. I think that you should leave them alone. move them qhen tey are molting can cause serios damage or deformations cuz they are fragile when they are molting. keep high umidity and i think you won't have problems.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have hets and a few captive bred emps too, but its a lot more different, emps step on their babies and males love to much on them, while on hets they remain beside the baby het until it can climb up, but sometimes it will just die after dropping on the substrate.

nice icu, what did you used on the substrate? a wet paper towel? and a delicup?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all!
This is my first emperor batch and I thought she'd eat her babies when they drop. I guess I should've asked before making a move. Oh well! The babies are doing fine and I guess I'll leave the others alone. Thanks again!

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very interesting, I condone your efforts seeings once one baby fell off mines back the rest were toast in a matter of 4 hours. Unfortunately that was the one night of the week I had class at night. My female seems to be a grouch, who apparently doesn't like to take care of her babies. I like to refer to her as the crack mom.