ID needed... Toady creature thing

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all,

I got this little beauty today, it's around 3-4inches in size.

Anyway, I bought it as a Ceratophrys cranwelli, though I'm unsure if it is or not; I'm pretty sure it's a member of the genus, however.

After doing some basic google image searches, I'm guessing it may be "Ceratophrys ornata" - your thoughts? What distuinguishing features would be present in this species? Any areas to photograph?

Also, would it be correct to assume that this specimen is perhaps an albino? My amphibian knowledge is pretty limited at present (though I have had experience in keeping various amphibs, it was at a much younger age where I didn't have the lust or thirst for knowledge...)

Cheers

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm third picture is very similar to the previous, I didn't mean to upload the first one. Anyway, a better view of its full grace

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow this is thread number 666 in this forum... I think I'll name him lucifer or something :D

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
Wow this is thread number 666 in this forum... I think I'll name him lucifer or something :D
I noticed that too! Well, I think he'll fit that name, based on those evil looking red eyes! :D

Ryan V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Deifiler:

What you have is a Ceratophrys cranwelli. As of now, the only albino member of Ceratophrys [commonly] avaliable in the hobby is C. cranwelli. There are several distinguishing features between the members of Ceratophrys, but your situation does not warrant the use of them.

Last edited:

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cheers! Google image searches for "Ceratophyrs" brought up variety of images, so I was totally confused.

Thanks for clearing things up for me

jaijjs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just wait until it gets BIGGER!! They like pinkies 1 a month!!:D :}