ID my scorpion, please?

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can someone tell me exactly what this is? I am pretty sure it is a Hadogenes of some sort, but not exactly sure which.

Thanks!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kinda sorta looks like Hadogenes paudensis ?

aka Flat rock, i would put it on another substrate,as long as its dry with lots of rocks for him to hide in/ around and under he should be fine !;P ;P

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is peat moss, it just has a little bit of wood chips in it. He also has plenty of glued together rocks for him so slide into since I know he is SOME kind of Flatrock, just not entirely sure which kind he is. I don't think he is a troglodytes.

But yea definitely plenty of rocks though, I just scooted him out from in between one of them so I could photograph him better.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah okay then :clap: :clap:

Very nice looking scorp, where did ya get it ??

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got him at a semi-local aquarium/pet store, they mostly specialize in fish and aquarium stuff but always have a pretty large selection of reptiles, insects, and arachnids. As far as arachnids go they always have the basics like Emperor Scorps and Rose hair tarantula, and then occasionally get some less common stuff, so I pay them visits every couple weeks to see if they have anything interesting and found this, it was labeled as a Flat Rock Scorpion, but didn't say exactly what it was, so I am asking you guys to identify it. Length-wise, he is slightly smaller than MOST Emperors, but not by much...I could take another photograph of him next to a quarter if you like.

Just confirmed through some research that this is indeed a Hadogenes paucidens, aka "Banded Flat Rock Scorpion".

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
H.paucidens. Olive keeled flat rock scorpion. Female from the looks of it.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
also don't feed it to much it'll hardly eat. There also pretty boring mine only comes out about 1ce every 3 months or so.

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh okay cool. You learn something new every day. I just gave it a few large crickets, guess I should put some of them back, because as you said, he doesn't seem very hungry.

Thanks for the help guys!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
flat rocks are interesting looking species and if you have a set up like mine where they have SO many places to hide it cool seeing them run away from your hand and slip into a very thin crack. But other than that VERY boring.