Id My new T please ?!

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
i got a free tarantula from my friend yesterday but it doesnt look like any T that i know it doesnt look like a G. rosea as far as i know, its about 5.92-6.0 inches.

caught him taking a drink :D

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its got the scarlet rose color but only on the outside edges of the carapace its darker towards the middle like a brownish.
It could just be in need of a molt. G. rosea can vary with their colouring.

Cass

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright! and i didnt know rosea's could get over 6.0 inches
Looks like a G. rosea in need of a molt to me as well.. I have read somewhere.. That a G. rosea can get close to 6.5".. Cant remember where I read it.. But I will look around and see if I can find it..

But you did state that the rosea in question is 5.92-6.0 inches... Didnt you?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We had a beast of a G. rosea who was at least 6". We traded her for our boa constrictor, but she was a monster.

Cass

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
Looks like a G. rosea in need of a molt to me as well.. I have read somewhere.. That a G. rosea can get close to 6.5".. Cant remember where I read it.. But I will look around and see if I can find it..

But you did state that the rosea in question is 5.92-6.0 inches... Didnt you?
yes but i read somewhere that a guy had a 7.45 inch. G. rosea

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A G. rosea can reach adutlt size in say 8 years... Thats just a guess.. But.. If they live 25 - 30 years.. There is a chance they get to that size.. A tarantula never stops growing.. Either its get going to get bigger in leg span.. Or its going to put on some bulk...

There is always a chance for it to happen in my opinion.. None of mine are past 5.5".. But I also dont know how old they are..

I have three that I know their hatch date since they were hatched in my care.. We will see how long it takes for them to reach 5"+.. I will get back to ya in say 6-10 years.. {D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. rosea have been speculated to live up to 50 years.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
is it just me who accepts G. rosea was changed to G. porteri?:?

they change them for a reason.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I gotta ask......why even post that last pic?

You trying to give us a headache? lol :p