id me please

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Found this small spider in my computer room and don't know what species it is. Can someone help me? One thing i can say is WOW this spider is an aggressive eater! hehehe

Last edited:

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry....I don't have a clue as to what it is but, WOW :eek: Vicious little guy to take down something thats twice its size... Good luck with your search.

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah i'm very impressed, when i looked in the vial this morning there was only the head of the cricket left! :eek:
All i can say is never underestimate true spiders! hehehe

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Got to say the pic is still not clear enough but ill try my best.
The spider either belongs to the Clubionidae or the Miturgidae. An easy and quick way to distinguish the two families is by comparing the lenght of the first pair of legs with the rest. If the first pair is longer, then its a member of the Miturgidae, if not then it most probably belongs to the Clubionidae. I cant really seem to determine if the first pair is longer or not in this picture, but it does kinda look like its lenght is on par with the rest.
Either case, both families have very similiar species so an ID to the species level is impossible without the help of a lens/microscope. The genus, however, could be determined by someone more familiar with your local spiders, since im italian and live in Italy:) Hope i helped a bit.
Are you planning in keeping it?

Last edited:

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will keep it until the weather warms up a bit outside then i will let it go! ;) And thanks for the informations! Really appreciated! :)

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it turns ou to be Miturgidae then this means it could be a Cheiracanthium mildei? We have those here and i see them very often but i dunno mine doesn't look like c.mildei at all! I'll search for pics of Clubionidae on bugguide.net and also look for the length of the first par if legs!