ID help, please

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just caught an interesting spider in my apartment. i've never seen one of these before. at first i thought it might be a wolf but it's legs are way longer than i've ever seen on a carolina wolf spider. it is very skittish but it is also very jumpy. it has an abdomen that comes to a little point with 2 stripes that alternate black & white. the carapace is cream colored with 2 thick dark stripes. there are several bands on the legs. anyone know what this might be? maybe have a picture? i'm not planning on keeping the little guy but was curious about what species it is. thanks!

kellygirl

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Most likely a species of funnel-weaving spider (Family: Agelenidae). Did you take any photos you could possibly post?

Alex S.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
unfortunately my webcam was acting up on me so i couldnt take any pics. she's still in my house though because i put her back where i found her: under my refrigerator! :)

if you have any pics of this funnel weaver, i might be able to tell you yes or no if that's what i have.

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, you're good! that is EXACTLY the spider i've got! :) i think i'll keep her around for awhile and see what kind of web she comes up with behind my fridge! :) thanks alex! :)

kellygirl

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Agelena

Hey Kellygirl, glad I could help you. You definetely wont be disapointed with the webs these spiders build, very interesting. Awesome little creatures. :)

Alex S.