ID Assistance Please

Dragonnewt

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I am on vacation in Baja California (near Cabo San Lucas), and found a rather unwelcome houseguest this evening (pictures attached). I know that the vast majority of scorpions are hazardous like bees: painful & unpleasant, not dangerous. I would really appreciate your help in putting an ID to this one anyway. This scorp is about 1.5cm in the body (not including tail or palps), so I'm guessing it is a juvenile. Is it still young enough that I should be concerned with the possibility of a mother in the house with a whole brood just starting to wander around on their own? IMG_0393 is much closer to the true color, but a little blurrier.

Thanks!

Attachments

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most likely a Serradigitus sp or similar. I can't imagine this would hurt any more than a bee sting, if that bad. Also very possible that it is close to adulthood or is an adult at present as they don't get very large.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
It's not a C exilicauda which is the only scorpion of medical importance in that region so you have nothing to worry about.

Dragonnewt

Arachnopeon
Thanks to both of you. I put it back outside the next day, where it will hopefully not wander back in to anyone's house.