I think my tarantula might be dead

gt500face

Arachnopeon
So my Adult green bottle blue tarantula has been in the same position for a few days now. It's butt looks a little sunken in and I've poked at it with a stick and it doesn't move at all. But the funny thing is that it's legs are out in it's normal position and it doesn't smell at all. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First off,do not poke it with a stick.That will just do more harm than good.If possible put some pics up,it will really help in determining what is wrong with your spider.Did it have water available?The sunken butt comment makes it sound dehydrated.Is it a female,or is there any possibility that it is a mature male?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
does it have water readily available? Also, try seeing if was injured from a fall, if not try feeding it.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with Brett and Rob. The shrunken abdomen can be indicative of severe dehydration or loss of hemeolymph due to injury. Although in both those cases I would expect to see some curling under of the legs eventually.

I second Brett's suggestion to post pictures of the T and it's set-up. Also some info on when it last ate or molted (if you know) may also help.

Good luck.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah looks like it is dehydrated.. pictures would help..

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is the enclosure like? Was she shipped to you or did you get her from a pet store? How long have you had her?