I think my Chile Rose is on her last legs!

Spidetron

Arachnopeon
Hey there people, can anyone please give me some advice.... I have a tarantula chile rose for nearly a year now and I know when I bought her she was a fully grown adult, by her size.
For the last couple of day's I have noticed her slowing big time. Now she seems to have brought all her legs inwards like in a huddled position.
Is this bad news?
Please let me know if you have any idea's.
Regards Spidetron.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She could be cleaning herself, they sometimes go into this position when cleaning themselves.

The sluggishness can indicate premolt.

It could be a deathcurl, in which case, an ICU is often used. Use a small container, with only enough room for a waterdish and the spider outstretched. Put some papertowels in, and lightly moisten them. This will only help, however, if the spider is dehydrated.. Is her abdomen plump or small and wrinkly? If the latter, she is dehydrated. Put her mouth into a waterdish. She will not drown, her lungs are under her abdomen.

Spidetron

Arachnopeon
She could be cleaning herself, they sometimes go into this position when cleaning themselves.

The sluggishness can indicate premolt.

It could be a deathcurl, in which case, an ICU is often used. Use a small container, with only enough room for a waterdish and the spider outstretched. Put some papertowels in, and lightly moisten them. This will only help, however, if the spider is dehydrated.. Is her abdomen plump or small and wrinkly? If the latter, she is dehydrated. Put her mouth into a waterdish. She will not drown, her lungs are under her abdomen.
Thanks for your info. She does'nt look dehydrated because of her fresh look underneath. I have put her in a small dish and tried to move her legs gently but she isnt responsive although her legs seem to retract underneath her body again!!!

Spidetron

Arachnopeon
Hi and thx for your interest, I have posted a few pictures of her on my page sorry dont know how to set it up via questions posed, so if you would look I would be grateful...

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi and thx for your interest, I have posted a few pictures of her on my page sorry dont know how to set it up via questions posed, so if you would look I would be grateful...
Can you post a link to the page you are talking about.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks like a death curl to me. Try manual hydration by flipping it over and dripping water into it's mouth parts. Might not help though.

Forrest

Spidetron

Arachnopeon
Okay thanks for the help, tried movin her and geting water in but no joy.. :8o
Maybe I'll be better prepared next time...
Thanks for yer comments.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay thanks for the help, tried movin her and geting water in but no joy.. :8o
Maybe I'll be better prepared next time...
Thanks for yer comments.
Make sure you try the ICU. It's not dead until it stinks so don't give up.