I swore off species with urticating hairs years ago...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Seeing pictures of Cyriocosmus ritae changed my mind. I just got mine from Swifty today. Here she is:

Can't stop with just one tarantula. Here's my free Brachypelma albopilosum that he sent me. I can't wait until she gets fluffy.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome slings man I love them when they are small. How big does a ritae get?
Thanks.

I have read between 1.5 and 2 inches.

Also, I'm in the process of adding more holes to their vials that I will be keeping them in for a molt or two.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
awesome they're adorable glad you decided to give NW a second chance

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome they're adorable glad you decided to give NW a second chance
Depending on the current state of my hair sensitivity, I may end up giving rubber gloves and long forceps a 1st chance. {D

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I have an adult female C.ritae... they are pretty nervous/skittish and don't give much warning before they bolt at you lightening fast. They do this hyper speed hair kicking, which is pretty interesting. They are also awesome webbers. I don't think you'll have to worry about hairs in them though, they run away pretty quick.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
BTW, was it Rob1985's recent post + pic of his new C. ritae that made you want to buy this one? I know when I saw his little beauty, I put this sp towards the top of my list.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, that was one of them. On the same thread was a nice pic from xhexdx. Pretty much every clear picture of them is a good picture. :D

And I already had a little taste of its speed when I was unwrapping it from its paper towel. Luckily I wrangled it back into its vial before it made it past my elbow, cause this 370 pound man only likes to do yoga once a day. {D

Can you imagine these guys if they could grow to 5+ inches? Surely, they'd be one of the hottest species in the hobby.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess you weren't kidding about the webbing. She's already got alot of webbing in her vial and is munching on a tasty cricket om nom nom nom nom nom.

Closeup:

Last edited:

Rob1985

This user has no status.
yup, I shall try and get a shot of her in her new home all webbed up. {D

I'd consider a size bigger vile.. just my opinion.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool, looking forward to seeing it.

I'll probably let it molt before changing its enclosure. I've just had better luck with small slings in small vials. =)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heh, what a good t-day. B. albopilosum is already molting. =)

Last edited: