I should have never bought a T

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
Burntsnow, I only have one A. Versicolor and it's just shy of 1", but it's blue color stands out great even at that size. It seems to have a very curious and docile personality so far. Not to mention most experts recommend them for just about anyone in the hobby.

I say get one. You'll like it.

Take care

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
BurntSnow-I know the dealer I bought my G. pulchra sling from has 1/2" as well as 1" A. versicolors for sale. I can give you the link if you want.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You really should go to the reptile shows. they are great for collecting some excellent deals.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
People are saying that this is a great place to find tarantulas, but where!? I don't see them anywhere!

Also, when's the next reptile show? Where?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I went from one T.... To almost 300 in my first month... :D My first tarantula dropped a surprise egg sac on me.. {D

Now I am down to a more resonable number.. A little over 150-200... Slings, Juvies, & Adults.... Im still adding.. :D

Very addicting.... :D
My first T, a G. rosea named Steve.... also dropped a surprise egg sac on me. D'oh! Some boy she turned out to be... And I was new and stupid, so I put the sac in a totally sealed container and killed the sac by accident :wall:

But I started with her... and now I have 31... was 32, but my P. irminia sling passed away.

adsu

Arachnopeon
At least im not the only one it seems.....my other half puts it down to keeping the interest up. We buy the T, put it in its home, it does nothing so we buy another one, that does nothing, so we buy another one and the cycle continues.....is it an addiction or are we all into something that isnt really that interesting???

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
At least im not the only one it seems.....my other half puts it down to keeping the interest up. We buy the T, put it in its home, it does nothing so we buy another one, that does nothing, so we buy another one and the cycle continues.....is it an addiction or are we all into something that isnt really that interesting???
No, I think you're just not lucky. I think this is kind of messed up, but my Pulchra runs around its container all day. Then, it burrows (awesomely, if I may add). I look at it a minute later and it's already out and walking over its water dish. And this is right when I turn off the lights! Not to mention that the whole time, he/she looks amazing doing so :cool:

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if my boyfriend removes himself from the picture, i'm buying some pokies and some 'pedes and putting the cap on my collection at something shiny, like 50 :p

*sigh* compromise is no fun, sometimes...
See i kinda went in a different direction here I bought everything i thought id ever want right away got up to about 60 ts and then I gain or sell a few every once in a while. I figure if a girlfriend has issues and I have 70 ts then I can reduce to 30 and still have what I really want in my collection. pokies really dont make that list for me.

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
Any tarantula of the Poecilotheria genus. They are an OW tarantula and native to the monsoon forests of India and Sri Lanka. Because of how their scientific name is pronounced, they are called "pokies".{D