I seriously need help choosing..!

Arachnobored

Arachnopeon
My collection is sitting on 80 plus ts at the moment, but most of them are run-of-the-mill species - which I love! - but I would really like to get something special in the ol' collection. {D

I hjave most of the Brachys, pokies, psalmos, aphonopelmas, Grammostolas, etc, or at least the ones I want, so can you recommend something that you have in your collection that isn't terribly commonplace? :?

I'm hoping to add 10 or 12 in a few weeks, and would really appreciate your assistance. :worship:

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get Xenesthis immanis. They get big, are very beautiful and atleast mine is a real pig, when it comes to feeding.

Oh, and they don't cost too much anymore.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Try any of the Holothele, Bonnetina, or Coremiocnemis. These are small, but extremely colorful and lively Ts.

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How about a Pterinochilus, Phormictopus
or Or one of my favorites a C.Cyaneopubescens
Jason

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you have any Phormictopus platus or Phormictopus cancerides? Thier colors can be spectacular (males) but that's not why I love them. They have fabulous personalities (and are amazingly agressive eaters.) I guess thier somewhat commonplace, although you prolbibly wont see them in a pet store, lol. I have lame pet stores near me....puppy mills mostly, and an occasional pathetic looking g. rosie.

Sounds like you have quite a collection :) Make sure you post what you decide....not that I need to be influenced to buy more creatures! The two that are for sure on my wishlist are p. subfusca (sp?) and p. metallica....I'm saving my pennies {D

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Some nice ideas so far, though I'm sure Arachnobored has C. cyaneopubescens, OBT, etc? ;) ;)

To add to the others' suggestions, Augacephalus junodi, perhaps? Monocentropus balfouri?

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about some Australian tarantulas like Phlogius Crassipes, Sarina, Eunice, Selenocosmia Stirlingi, Selenotypus Plumipes, Stents Birdspider etc. Lots of earthly browns and greys!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus sp. 'Blue'
Cyriopagopus schoedti
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Pamphobeteous spp.
Thrigmopoeus truculentus
Tapinauchenius spp.

to name some :)

-Sean

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I have a Stromatopelma calceatum and she is always impressive.

she is so fast and now larger than I thought she'd get.

Not visible all the time but not a recluse either.

and not terribly expensive.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thrixopelma pruriens come to mind. Cyriopagopus schoedti which Blade mentioned is a nice one too.

Arachnobored

Arachnopeon
Wow! :eek:

That's exactly the kind of help I was hoping for - thanks all!

Please feel free to add to this great list! :clap:

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Only ONE I can think of - M Balfouri. Very rare & pricey. But extremely beautiful.

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What about some Australian tarantulas like Phlogius Crassipes, Sarina, Eunice, Selenocosmia Stirlingi, Selenotypus Plumipes, Stents Birdspider etc. Lots of earthly browns and greys!
I couldn't agree more-Aussie T's are great. They have a fiery attitude, are relatively rare in the hobby outside Australia I would imagine, and are voracious eaters. And they come in more colours than just brown or grey. I got this image of the Australian Tarantula Association web-site. Selenocosmia/Phlogius sp "Sarina"

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agreed - I think the Sarina is an awesome looking tarantula. Though from what Ive read, that blue colour is temporary and only appears around molting time. Then later, it reverts to it's usual grey / black colour. Though I notice the Stent's Birdspider has some uniquely striking colours.

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yamia sp., Selenobrachy philipinus, Selenocosmia ...maybe some cool trapdoors(cyclocosmia ricketti maybe??)....just throwing some ideas :p

Last edited:

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
T. Blondi if you aint all ready got one.
P. Metallica are are hard to come by.
M. Balfouri now they are awsome!!!

Arachnobored

Arachnopeon
You guys 'n gals are really cool to take the time to share your faves with me!

BTW, Someone pm'd me an address of a site in the UK here, called The T-Store where someone was also trying to get this kind of help, and the poor bugger only got two replies from the so-called experts!

You rock, and thanks again!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You're in the uk :D

Look on Lee's site. www.thespidershop.co.uk
He has some 5cm M. balfouri for £145. P. metallica for £65... but i reckon either :
Ephebopus murinus
Ephebopus cyanognathus
Ceratogyrus sp. (Lee has some adult darlingi!)
Haplopelma minax, lividum, albostriatum
Euathlus species?
Heteroscodra maculata
Stromatopelma calceatum
Yamia sp. "Koh Samui" really pretty dwarf t's
Holothele incei
Avicularia versicolor
Theraphosa blondi/apophysis (Lee has apophysis for £25)

to name a few :D

Other UK online shops are:

www.virginiacheeseman.co.uk - Virginia Cheeseman
www.tarantulabarn.co.uk - Steve Paine
www.tarantula-shop.com - Dan Parker
www.thespidershop.co.uk - Lee

I highly recommend Lee, i have not bought anything from any of the others.
An overseas dealer that i've used is Sven Koppler from Germany. He's good too but only posts lists on UK sites :)

PM me for more help if you need it (I'm in the uk too if u didnt guess! lol)

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My collection is sitting on 80 plus ts at the moment, but most of them are run-of-the-mill species - which I love! - but I would really like to get something special in the ol' collection. {D

I hjave most of the Brachys, pokies, psalmos, aphonopelmas, Grammostolas, etc, or at least the ones I want, so can you recommend something that you have in your collection that isn't terribly commonplace? :?

I'm hoping to add 10 or 12 in a few weeks, and would really appreciate your assistance. :worship:
Do you have an A. moderatum? Rio Grande Gold?