I separated a spider from their belongings, please advise

Lycorea

Arachnopeon
Ok so, 1 AM, I see the most gorgeous little spider crawling across the floor of my kitchen tugging something along at a distance behind them, as if on a leash.

It was small, black, and had a yellow stripe around its abdomen (my best guess is it was a common house spider or garden spider, I’ll return with a more technical description once I know more about this. I’m new to spiders.)

In a half-alseep state and distracted by the glamor of the spider, I didn’t pay much attention to their “package”. I gently put a cup around them and slid a cutting board beneath them to move them outside where my folks wouldn’t get to them.

I go to bed. It’s 3 AM and I’ve woken up mortified at the possibility that I, with the uncaring glass edge of my cup, separated them from their egg sac.

I have yet to be able to find the package. It was yellow-orange, about the size of a small breadcrumb (1/10th the size of the spider), and vaguely flat.

I’m hoping it was just a small snack for the road, and I didn’t accidentally separate their entire brood of children.

fcat

Arachnodemon
Arachnosupporter
My knowledge is very limited but I'd say most spiders carry their sacs in the front (looks like they are holding them with their mouth), one I've heard carries with the back legs, or suspends/attaches them to something where they will be protected with webbing. Would love to be wrong though!

NYAN

Arachnoking
Spiders that carry their egg sacs will attach them directly to their bodies, not drag them behind them. The spider was probably trailing some debris if I had to guess