I saved Amryee's life again. I think she's knows it.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My female curly has been through A LOT since I got her. At times of extreme loss of weight, dehydration (both of those before I got her) I got her through her entire healing process. Once she molted, she lost all her weight again. She seems very thankful for all this and never hessitates to show me attention when I want it.

Today, I saved her life again. When I woke up, she was hanging by one leg from the screen lid. She honestly looked dead. Apparently her claw got stuck. I quickly reached in and put a hand under her, then stroked her leg gently to relax her. Once she'd calmed, I gently pulled her claw out of the screen and set her down on the ground.

You'd think that after something like this, she'd run straight into her hide. Nope. She's been sitting right in front of me all morning. She won't leave a spot where she can "see" me. If I go away from my computer for a moment, she wanders, looking for me, until I get back. Once I'm back, she goes right back in front of me :)

I swear. These critters are MUCH more intelligent than we give them credit for.

-Bryan

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Congrats on a successful rescue. Might I suggest upping the substrate content in the enclosure so that if she gets hung up again, she can touch the ground and get the necessary leverage to unhook herself?

Scott

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Once I can find some more vermiculite, I will be. Here's a picture of her setup, if you're curious. She's in a 5.5 gallon.

-Bryan