I really shouldnt have...

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So I went to a local reptile expo for the first time in a while today. I have been trying to cut back on spending money on Ts for a while since money is getting a bit tight, but I was there browsing and didnt see very many Ts. Tarantula inc wasnt there this time so there were barely any Ts. I saw a few avics, a couple G.pulchripes, and a couple of E.campestratus (spelling?) and I was debating on getting one of them...untill I saw one of my favorite species...an adult female one at that. Citharischius crawshayi (I know, name change):drool: I kept telling myself that I was just getting feeders, but the price was too good to pass up.

I got this baby for 80$!! An adult female C.crawshayi for 80$, I couldnt pass it up.

The pictures are uploading now.

madamwlf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm assuming you went to Hamburg. I was surprised T.Inc wasn't there. I picked up a few from 8 Legs Plus.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm assuming you went to Hamburg. I was surprised T.Inc wasn't there. I picked up a few from 8 Legs Plus.
I went to the closer Mars, Pa show. I havent made the trip out to Hamburg yet, maybe later this year. Tarantula inc said they wouldnt be back there untill december.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You would save a lot more money if you go to the european markets. The prices in Us are totally sick. An adult female C. crawshayi will probably go for 40-50 bucks in europe.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You would save a lot more money if you go to the european markets. The prices in Us are totally sick. An adult female C. crawshayi will probably go for 40-50 bucks in europe.
Dang, thats cheap.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks guys! Im pretty happy about it. She has to stay in her container untill tomorrow. The LPS isnt open today so I have to wait untill tomorrow to get new substrate.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How hard is it to get them shipped to the US? I've thought about that a few times, but only have limited experience with getting bettas from Asia.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bought my 4th instar Monocentropus balfouri for 60 bucks and got a P. crassipes for free.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks everyone! I have to pick her up some substrate tomorrow and get her set up in a nice enclosure. Im not sure if a 10 gallon will be big enough. She is a big girl. Im not sure on an exact size, and I dont want to guesse because it will probably be an exaggerated guesse, but she's big.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bought my 4th instar Monocentropus balfouri for 60 bucks and got a P. crassipes for free.
Holy cow. I wish that M.balfouri would be that cheap over here! I refuse to buy a T that is over 100$. Of course, I say that now, but on down the road, who knows:rolleyes: