I officially handled my first t's today..

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
I thought I'd stop, in the middle of my t cleaning. I was cleaning out all my juvies and slings, today. Being that I have some pretty damn mellow t's, I went for hands on.
First up, my chaco. I gently touched his rump, and he meandered out onto my hand. I admit, I was nervous. But, it was so cool! I could feel his little "hooks" gently catching my skin. So much did I enjoy him on my hand. that I sat there for awhile, handling. He basically just sat there, and moved around little.
No flicking, nothing. Next up, my big, fat curly. He was a bit more active, but so sweet! I really need to get a female chaco. I want to have this species around for a good, long time.
Thanks to Joy, I should have a female curly, in the 5 I got from her.
Peace,
Gillian
p.s., if you don't have a B. albopilosum or, a G. aureostriata, get one. Hell, get both. Awesome t's!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates Gillian!

We love handling the T's we Can handle here. The twins will sit with their rosies on their knees and watch TV.
The rosies seem to like this.
The twins are as warm as a couple of little toaster ovens and their T's just kinda stretch out and bask on them. LOL

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Gratz. I remember the first time I held a G.rosea. Very cool: you never think theyd be so light.

-V

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Way to go Gillian! I remeber handling my first Tarantula a G rosea, what a thrill it was. G. aureostriata is a great handling tarantula. How big is your male? My female is huge, as in bulky not in leg span. I love B albopilosum, I have ten total (2 adults and 8 slings) and really hope I get a male as I have two females ready to go.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All right Gillian,
For some reason I always pictured you handling your T's. I dont know why, I guess cause you keep many kinds of critters, like snakes.
Did you itch afterwards?
Try your A. chalcodes next. Maybe that will get it back to eatting.
Whats the update on it, BTW..

Ernie

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Ernie,
I was frightened to hold the t's, for fear I'd drop them, or, not know how TO hold them. (you know, if any pressure was needed.) I itched a tiny bit with the curly, nothing with the chaco. The chaco is so SWEET! Mellow, but curious...
The chalcodes has eaten nothing. The lady I got my Leo Gecko from wants pics, so I'll go get a "short" roll of film, take pics of t's and the gecko, and have them developed 1 hour. Then, I'll go to my parent's, and use their flatbed.
I was talking to Devildoll on the phone, and he was saying that, the aphonopelmas have such a slow metabolism. Perhaps the chalcodes thinks its winter, and has stopped eating. All my t's have slowed down the eating, as it is.
Ernie, I'm so psyched! I have an even stronger emotional feeling for my t's now..(if it could get any stronger) Now, I'm waiting for Bill (Invertepet) to get more chacos in. I've decided to get a female. (or, try to). I just love the species too much to just have a male, and have it not be here for long.
Peace,
Gillian

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know someone looking for a male to breed... he has a bunch of females.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Chris,
My lil guy is only 3.5 inches. Besides, call me over-emotional but, I'm hesitant to breed him. I don't want him dying in the midst of breeding..Thanks though..I'm waiting for Bill to get some in...
Peace,
Gillian