I needz me some pinkies !!!

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well basicly there is no place I can get em. Only three pet stores here and they use theres for there smaller snakes. But I can get adult mice all day long. My question to you guys is how you personaly do it. Do you bred mice ? Should I bred mice ? How often do you feed pinkies ? How many times will 1 male 1 female mouse mate in a year ? Well just knowing about how many of you do this would be very helpfull ........:D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if you get one male and two females..

and keep them caged together, you will have babies babies babies.
The male will mait with the females as soon as the babies are born and she will have babies nonstop. The females will share the nursing duties. No need to remove the male.
Give them shaving and some toiletpaper to make a nest, waterbottle, and food. Pretty basic setup. But, they stink fast.
So, I would keep their tank somewhere out of the way...utilityroom, etc.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a male and female rat and they breed easy. I get about 9-15 rat pups a month from the pair, and they make great pets to top it off.

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
TY... For the info ...... I only have one T as of right now . So I don't need a whole lot of babies. I will probably give most of the babies back to the pet store . I will probably just steal like one per birth. But I really don't know how offten to feed pinkies.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you can buy frozen pinkies. its a whole lot easier. and I usually feed 1 per month for my larger spiders and then use crickets the rest of the time. for my smaller spiders 1 per instar and crickets and mealworms the rest of the time. hope this helps

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you have to feed Ts Pinkies? Man I dont think I could do that , I have a hamster as a pet too . . Cant Ts surive well on crickets?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Frostbyte
Do you have to feed Ts Pinkies? Man I dont think I could do that , I have a hamster as a pet too . . Cant Ts surive well on crickets?
No you don't, it is just a way to fatten them up a little.

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
you can buy frozen pinkies. its a whole lot easier. and I usually feed 1 per month for my larger spiders and then use crickets the rest of the time. for my smaller spiders 1 per instar and crickets and mealworms the rest of the time. hope this helps

TY ....... Didn't know you could get them frozen . I'll try and see if they can order me some....

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most of the petstores I've been to keep their frozen mice/rats in one of two places.

1. The Freezer unit where they keep frozen fish foods(look in the fish department)

2. In the back, which requires you ask for them in the reptile area or at the register.