i need to know something

clowns94

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just got a new avic avic and i wonder if there are any signs for arboreals whern they are about to molt thanks for helping peeps

Suzjohnson

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For a week or two, my Avic avic will web heavily in the upper rear portion of her enclosure, eventually closing her self in completely. During this time, she isn't eating. Normally, through a day, I find her in various spots in her enclosure but once she closes herself in, that's where she stays. It's usually several weeks before she molts. I give her 7 to 10 days to let her fangs harden and offer a cricket which is accepted with great enthusiasm. A few days after that, she tears down all the webbing and resumes what I call her normal activities. Physically, I don't see any signs of impending molt but let her behavior tell me what's going on. Hope that helps and hope you enjoy your new fuzzy friend.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
they usually make a web hammock looking thing somewhere in the back and chill there or completely enclose themselves in it

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They may also stick closer to the bottom of the cage as they seem to loose some of their ability to cling.