I need some information pls.

johnny888

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been trying to look for some skink caresheet in our local websites on how to keep and raise our local skinks but I could hardly find one.It is very disappointing that we have alot of species but we know nothing about them.I hope some skink expert can share some information...:)

Here are some pictures of our local species that i was able to collect in our own backyard.

Lamproletis Smaragdinus

Brachymeles Gracilis

Sphenomorphus Steerei (note: dead specimen)

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You may want to try the "Off Topic Thread #10" on www.bluetongueskinks.net Yes, it is mostly for Blueys, but there may be someone on there that knows more about your species. There are a couple of members from the Phillipines on the forums, I know.

Also, did you try googling the specific names? When I was looking for info on Ocellated Skinks, I found a tiny bit by just googling the various latin names for them.

The other thing you can do is, try mimicking the environment you find them in as best you can. For instance, a substrate that can be burrowed in but doesn't pose a threat if ingested, several hides that are large enough not to get stuck in, UV lighting and a basking lamp, similar foods, etc.

Good Luck! :)

Besides various Geckos and Uromastyx, Skinks are some of my favorite herps.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Johnny!

I never kept both aothers but I kept and bred for several years Lamprolepis (formerly Dasia) smaragdina. But those I had originated from Indonesia, not Philippines.
It has two color "morphs" - the overall green like one at Your picture and another one which partly green (in front) and partly olive-brown.
It is arboreal or semi-arboreal species and it needs vertical enclosure with the plenty of arboreal hides, UW-lamp, high humidity also. Source for drinking is also better to placed somewhere up beneath the branches.

I wonder, where does this found in Your counntry, which habitat?

johnny888

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@AneesasMuse:
Thank you. I will try to follow your recommendation.:)

@M.F.Bagaturov:
Thank you for the information.You are right,it is indeed an arboreal skink.I can see some of them feasting on the fruits of the figs at the back of our house where I live in the Southern part of Luzon here in the Philippines.:)