I... Need Help

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm new with the spiders. I have One spider and he is a Chilean Rose, he is really cool. In a couple of weeks I want to get a Burrowing spider. What is the best Burrowing spider for looks and for a rookie?

ant1gen

Arachnopeon
I'd agree with the A. seemani. Ours is a little bulldozer.

We also have an A. moderatum which has quite a little underground city constructed.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
I'm new with the spiders. I have One spider and he is a Chilean Rose, he is really cool. In a couple of weeks I want to get a Burrowing spider. What is the best Burrowing spider for looks and for a rookie?
How about H. Lividum? ;P Nah! don't listen to me. They're rumored to be the most vicious, unwieldy tarantula from Asia you can buy. But so far I've had no problems with it attacking me yet. I guess I should just wait until it gets used to its surroundings and then I should watch out. So far this little destroyer has taken down 4 crickets at once.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
One of the things that makes the A. seemanni stand out (or other burrowing Aphonopelma) is both the general lack of psychotic behavior and their hardiness. The Asian burrowers may look a bit better, but they have stricter moisture requirements.

My personal opinion is that looks matter about as much for a burrowing species as car color does for a blind man. You won't see true obligate burrowers much at all, and when you do, you probably won't be getting to admire their good looks all that much.

Which brings up another good side to the A. seemanni - it's a burrower, but not an obligate burrower so odds are it will be out on the surface more often. Some don't burrow at all, so that's another factor to consider if you really want a burrower.

Myself, if I were going to get a burrower I would consider a King Baboon (C. crawshayi) or one of the interesting Ephebopus species. In particular, you might want to give E. murinus a look. Very striking looks, loves to burrow, and aggressive. Not too expensive, either.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
I strongly recommend an A seemani
BigSam,
I agree with Jacen, A seemani would be a good choice. Or maybe a B. albopilosum, Curly Hair. They do alot of burrowing as spiderlings and as adults, if given enough substrate to burrow in.;)

Ernie

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My expierence is , if given enough soil and some darkness Curlys will make nice burrows

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I...Need Help

THX YOU GUYS

I'll really take these opions into my consideration=D

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I...Need Help

Hey you guys how about a desert blonde? Are those a good burrowing spider?:?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine wont even go into their hides.
Really nice T to own though. IMO