I need help.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
With more substrate & a different hide, the tarantula could do a complete 180 for the OP. My E. murinus seemed very "meh" until I gave it a hide (already had a ton of substrate) which it promptly burrowed underneath. Tonight I was greeted by legs & fangs :D
True - given different quarters, the T might decide it's not a hand pet and become a grumpy hole! Mine (D'Ogeron, my P cancerides) didn't give me a choice.

My big OBT (P murinus) hangs out in her front-webbed hide, and hasn't rushed me...yet. All four of my OBT slings still duck into their holes when their jars are opened for feeding/watering/cleaning.

I've let each of them choose the way they want to live in their homes. With 44 at current count, I have plenty to look at at any given time!

Marga

Meggurra

Arachnopeon
Wow thank you all I am adding a hide today so that maybe Loa will be more content. I think from the way he acts once I put the hide in I wont see much of him lol. I think that I will be doing a lot more reading than I did the first time, I was looking at getting a T but not Loa then I walked into the store and saw him could not say no. I am hoping for some color in the next one. As it is Loa is a wonderful family deterrent {D I never seem to get visits anymore.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't handle mine, he's lightning fast!
...and you are lucky you can even handle yours, mine would rip my face off if I tried to handle it lol.
That's what I was thinking when I saw the picture of Meggurra's spider walking on her hand. I've got several Phormictopus, all of which are high strung. But my P. cancerides throws a threat display at any intrusion.

Meggurra

Arachnopeon
I can reach into the tank and he will walk right up into my hand and let me hold him. It was one of the things that drew me to him the pet store guy pulled him out of his tank to let me hold him there in the store.

Dexity

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma albopilosum - docile, unique curly hairs, medium size (5"), always visible/ this is not true to the species, I have had two one is very docile and always visible, the other is nuts, attacks on momment, climbs right onto my hand the next, and the crazy one digs and hides constantly, B. Emilia would likely be better, curly hairs are unpredictable. I have a A. Versicolor, they are slightly stressful to keep because they will fast for months from time to time and are a bit less hardy. Probably the best T I own is the emilia currently, and I have a curlyhair, B. Boheimi, A. Versicolor, G. Rosea, and N. Chromatus. And frankly, as far as never kicking hairs or going defensive the only one that has shown absolutely none of this is the N. Chromatus, yet I have read quite the opposite about them. It really depends on that particular spiders personality....