I need a good looking tank!

intrinsic_scorp

Arachnopeon
difficult to say

Maybe take measurements of it. I dunno, though, a 5 gal is pretty small for additions like that. It is going to take up a lot of room in there. I have seen that same model in a store and would be reluctant to put it in my 10 gal, let alone a 5 gal.

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I'm probaby gonna upgrade to a ten gallon, I just wanna make sure its safe and stuff.

Zope

Arachnopeon
Hey I just saw that at Pet Smart. It looks awesome but is kind of big. I have a 10 gallon tank with only 6 inches of substrate currently and I didn't think it would fit in my tank. But yeah that thing is nice. Personally I would want to upgrade my tank to a 15 or 20 gal before I bought that.

Hmm I just noticed that they have the differant sizes. I saw it in a medium so you may be able to get it to work if you buy the small. Good thing the dimensions are listed :)

intrinsic_scorp

Arachnopeon
Tall

You could always go with a 20 gal tall. That would hold it decently. I have a 20 gal long and probably wouldn't put it in there because of the height factor.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
extremely expensive and unpractical for most scorpions. you would need about a 29 or a 30 gallon to accomodate that waterfall. and then you have to buy it, the pump, and the ultrasonic fogger. you'll end up spending quite a lot.

John

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You could always go with a 20 gal tall. That would hold it decently. I have a 20 gal long and probably wouldn't put it in there because of the height factor.
Don't buy that piece of manufactured waste of money. Get a 20 tall, find a source of cork bark, one piece with a decent arch to it, to fit the tank. Check out some frog sites to find out how to attach the cork bark to a backing and fit it to your tank (there are a number of ways to do this). Construct a false bottom on the tank, and run a pump behind the cork. Drill a hole through the cork to run the water through. Throw in some moss, gravel, rocks, a few hides, go nuts. This setup is common with dart frogs, and I've been thinking of doing an aesthetic setup for some Heterometrus spp., myself.
Here are some nice pics to look at, and the site should have some 'how to' added shortly.
http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3024
http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3360
Make something to be proud of, DIY, don't buy...

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would think they would simply burrow underneath it until it fell over anyways :D