I`m new

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey to all i`m new to this site so i may make mistakes. But hi to all.:)

Last edited:

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
welcome and you should find all the info you need here. and It doesn't matter how stupid the question is... we all asked stupid questions at one time.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
greetings! there are no stupid questions. :)

also feel free to ask about knowledge resources, that way you don't have to wait for hours until your question is answered. (grin)

a great book to start out with if you're truly interested in keeping tarantulas is The Tarantula Keeper's Guide. you can find it cheaply on www.amazon.com. almost 300 pages it is worth every penny and can answer almost all your questions.

however, first-hand experience is also invaluable and you'll find plenty of that here.

i've had a lot of assistance since i got into Ts in May and i find that almost everyone here is very nice and willing to assist you in finding the best Ts for you. :)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
personally I think "the tarantula keepers guid" is a bit hard to follow for the beginer.. a much better book which gives you prety much all of the info you will need is "tarantulas and other arachnids" its not as in depth, but its the best beginer book I have found.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i think that's a very good suggestion. :) i also own that book and while i find the TKG far more useful it certainly is a nice text on beginning T information.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey wolf i`m sorry i didn`t say that i`ve been keeping t`s for about 2 years.Yes, i do have the t keepers guide.I got it from the reptile show in B,AL where i also get my t`s from kelly.

Thanks Johny & skady

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oh well great then! :) so what do you have currently? any pics?

hard to know exactly how new people are when they post to the boards. glad to hear you have come out of the woodworks to join us in our T discussions.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well that changes things then... you will probably be helping US out.. and once again welcome to the boards

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
say spider, as an afterthought...what do you think of the B'ham show and have you been to any others to compare? i've considered going but have yet to make the 3+ hour drive.

seems like if there isn't much there it's just easier to order online. ;)

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Welcome

Ah, a veteran! Welcome my fellow spider freak. Have you read Biology of Spiders (Rainer F. Foelix)? Damn good advanced book! You'll never look at your T's the same after reading that book cover to cover. I'm reading it for the 2nd time.

Dario

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, For the welcoming i`m gonna have to say im not familiar with that book. And i curently have 15 t`s in my colection. And ya i`m fairly knoledgeable about spiders. I can`t really show pics of my t

Last edited:

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry about that last post i pushed the wrong buton. But i can`t show pics of my t`s cuz i don`t have a cam.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by spider
Hey wolf i`m sorry i didn`t say that i`ve been keeping t`s for about 2 years.Yes, i do have the t keepers guide.I got it from the reptile show in B,AL where i also get my t`s from kelly.

Welcome! I just got to this place a few days ago. As for how long I've been in the hobby, I'm not too far ahead of you. It's been just about 2.5 years for me. With that being said, there is always plenty for me to learn from others who maybe keep different species from what I have. (I have an assorted variety).

Wys

Thanks Johny & skady

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, wolf there is a good selection, of t`s well mostly from kelly, But i find good stuff if you get there early. I guess i`m gonna call it a half hour for a rest on the couch i`m tired!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
perhaps i'll just save up and go down there and go crazy sometime. hehehe. :)

say, is it like reptile shows in that the prices are normally cheaper than what they would be if you ordered online?

if so...that is DEFINITELY a big draw for me. oh, and i can get there early...muwahahhaha. (grin)

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey wolf , yep if you get thereb early you may get the good stuff for cheap. I saved 60 $ by bargens. But if you stay till the last half hour or so people get desperate to sell you stuff. I saw ball pythons for 5$. Simply amazing!:p

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sweet, i may definitely have to pay a visit then. :)

well, you know what's upsetting to me everytime? seeing retics or (goddess forbid) green anacondas for $60-75. all i can think is that this is going to wind up being some dead snake somewhere. :(

very sad.

not to rain on anything, i look forward to going...however, the end of july i'm set on the atlanta show baby! i'm looking forward to that a lot, have my sights set on some poison dart froggies! |D

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ha, so you think you can get there before me, eh? i`ll beet you by hours but i`ll have to find something to do till the show starts :D But n e ways the show is cool i always try to go every time i can.
butt try to stay till the close end cuz thats wen the real deals start to roll in like a 6$ tokay gecko.

cool stuff well i`m gonna call it a night so good night
to all.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by spider
Ha, so you think you can get there before me, eh? i`ll beet you by hours but i`ll have to find something to do till the show starts :D But n e ways the show is cool i always try to go every time i can.
butt try to stay till the close end cuz thats wen the real deals start to roll in like a 6$ tokay gecko.

cool stuff well i`m gonna call it a night so good night
to all.
Tokay geckos are SOOOOOO cool! I just don't think I'd want one in my house with my tarantulas and their occasional escapes. ;)

Wysi