I have new babies in the family

ArachnoAddict

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria Regalis
Indian Ornamental

I'm mostly a terrestrial keeper, I've always wanted to get an arboreal tarantula, I loved the colors and patterns on Avicularia Versicolor.
Uncommon

The A. Versicolor is very uncommon in my area, so I got two beautiful P. Regalis, both roughly an inch. Regalis isn't considered as a good beginner tarantula because of it's temperament. I know this but since there weren't any Versicolors near my area.
Any tips?
I've noticed that my slings are very feisty, they move about their enclosure like a race, open the lid and they bolt out like rockets, I'm new to arboreals, any tips would be awesome!

basin79

ArachnoGod
DON'T GET BIT.

That's the best advice I can give. And using commonsense will 99.9% make sure that you don't.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nothing like trial by fire :rolleyes:

Respect this genus, don't get bit. Provide them a cork bark tube to live in, vertically sunk into the sub a bit as juvi to adults.

Actually all of the Poki's aren't considered a good beginner T, nor a good beginner arboreal T either. Primarily because of their powerful venom, and speed.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Well they won't get any slower. Best tip for working with OWs is take your time, don't rush anything and don't do things when you are in a hurry. You can't really prepare for what's gonna happen if things go wrong.