I have made my decision!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i have chose the spider that i am going to get in december! it is a Indian Ornamental (P.regalis) they are beutiful, i will be getting a sling, just what i wanted $25, arboreal, sling, and beutiful coloration! thanks guys for helping me choose my 2nd T,

James

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good choice. Those are the second nicest spiders in my opinion next to Avicularia versicolor

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
i have chose the spider that i am going to get in december! it is a Indian Ornamental (P.regalis) they are beutiful, i will be getting a sling, just what i wanted $25, arboreal, sling, and beutiful coloration! thanks guys for helping me choose my 2nd T,

James
Great choice. Keep in mind that P. Regalis is flighty and has arguably the most venom in the tarantula world. Otherwise, beautiful display animal and grows fast!

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. regalis is my absolute favorite T I have a comunnity of 10 1 1/2" inb a 15 tall at my house:D if I could only have one T it would be a regalis

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi

would that be bad for me then? can they escape well? should i worry about the venom? thanks,

James

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My regalis is calm as a babe, and she wont teleport unless i really poke her. The venom is no concern if you watch yerself. In other words be a bit careful when doing things in the enclousure, use slow movements, and try to always use foreceps or tweezers :) I'm gettin more and more used to my regalis, so I don't worry too much about her running off or eating my hand =)

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: hi

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
would that be bad for me then? can they escape well? should i worry about the venom? thanks,

James
It won't necessarily be bad for you. They can escape if you give them the chance, but if you respect them and take things slow while being in their terrarium, they will be fine. As long as you leave them alone and don't annoy them, you won't get bitten at all.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have a P regalis that is well over 3" loose somewhere in my house...
I'm not concerned about venom, I'm just sad because I'm sure she is dead after all this time. They are very flighty, and given the chance they'll run rather than be defensive. She probably found a place so dark and secret, that I'll never figure out where she went.
OTOH..I now have a regalis and fasciata sling. They know that when I open the vial, it's suppertime! Yesterday, they came up to the top of the vial, and caught the baby lobster roaches! They are really really neat spiders, you'll be glad you got one..just make sure they can't escape!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi

after all i am hearing i cant wait till i get mine!! can you post any pics?(Holley)
thanks,
James

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I wish I could James...but I am having camera problems. If I figure them out, I'll be happy to!

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Holley-

I'm betting your spider is still alive somewhere. I think the natural habitat for P. regalis is quite dry for at least part of the year. I've found that many escapees do fairly well provided they're not too moisture sensitive and are big enough to dodge the resident house spiders (mine pick off just about anything that's less than 2").

I once found a Scolependra gigantea more than 2 months after escaping! They're supposed to be very moisture sensitive, and I assumed it had either left the house entirely or died. Then one night I woke up to the sound of one of my dogs chasing something in my room. I assumed at first it was a cricket (he loves to go after crickets), but when I sat up I could see the bug he was messing with from accross the room without my glasses! NOT a cricket! He also seemd to be giving it a lot more space...

Wade