I have found my new #1 fav. sling containers.. (Pictures)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found a cube that I am using for a communal.. It is a 4"x4"x5" (LxWxH)...

I dropped a few dozen pinheads in with them.. Most of the crickets are either hidden or have been eaten already..

Anyways here are a few shots..

Before the critters were added..

Now there are 10 gigas slings in there.. You can only see like 5 or 6.. The rest are hidden under the cork bark...

Here is a shot of one that is living alone eating a mealworm.. I crushed its head.. But when I dropped it in there the little guy jumped all over it! It was AWESOME!

Sadly... There i one that I dont believe will make it.. It was in a death curl when I went to feed them.. I have it in an ICU.. It has perked up a little bit.. But there is a chance it does not make it.. But.. It will be ok..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Looks like you got your hands full with the H. gigas and wow!, they are tiny.

Btw, I've had DSD (dollar store disease) for meany years now {D. I get my reading glasses at dollar tree for a buck a pr. Heck, Why not? They're 5:99 a pr almost everywhere else.

Good luck playin' papa spider :D

Terry

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have some questions....
Did you breed these guys, or buy them? How much do they usually sell for?
Do you know how long they are communal for?
Did you ever get that hog meat?{D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy, Looks like you got your hands full with the H. gigas and wow!, they are tiny.

Btw, I've had DSD (dollar store disease) for meany years now {D. I get my reading glasses at dollar tree for a buck a pr. Heck, Why not? They're 5:99 a pr almost everywhere else.

Good luck playin' papa spider :D

Terry
They are really tiny! I was shocked a bit at their size.. :eek: They are smaller than any slings I have ever raised!

Dollar store has never really been my go to place.. I have always had expensive taste.. But.. Since the job that I was suppose to get fell through.. After I did everything I was suppose to.. :mad: I have to lower my expectations a bit.. So.. I stat hitting the dollar stores for containers.. Thats the only place I can find nice little containers.. For a realativly low price..

I have some questions....
Did you breed these guys, or buy them? How much do they usually sell for?
Do you know how long they are communal for?
Did you ever get that hog meat?{D
I bought these.. I dont have any matue H. gigas yet..
Im not even really sure how much they go for.. I had seen these fo sale at a nice price.. So I figure what the heck.. Right? :D I bought these to raise them for a while to get a few females & males.. Once I get a few of each sex.. I will probably sell or trade the rest..
Im not to sure how long they are communal either.. But I am keeping their actions documented..

So far.. From what I have been told & from what I have seen.. They are very fragile.. They NEED high humidity... In the communal I have started.. I have already lost 2.. They were not ate.. I pulled out their bodies.. It appears if they just died.. Not sure why.. I am assuming its becuase it was not humid enough.. So.. I went ahead & rehomed them into something with less ventalation to keep the humidity up..

Hog meat... Sigh.. Sadly I will not be getting any more hog meat for a while.. My sister & her husband are getting a divorce.. SO I wont be alowed to hunt on their property anymore.. That was the only place I knew where to find the hogs.. Im sure there are other places.. But.. That was the only one where I knew the owners & had permission.. If I find another hunting place I will let you know.. :D

Looking good, Tommy! I hope that little one pulls through for you.
Thanks Toni.. Sadly the little one passed.. So did 2 others.. :(

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:( That sucks. I'm sorry, Tommy.

Did I read correctly in another thread that you are going to trade them?
Yeah.. I am going to trade some of them off.. I only wanted a few.. But they all were being sold in a lot.. So.. I figure.. If someone does not have or want to spend the money on these guys.. But are wanting to trade for them.. Then why not.. Right? :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bummer on the divorce, and the dead slings.:8o
Yeah.. Its a sad deal that the slings died.. :(

The only sad thing about the divorce is that I dont have any hunting grounds no more.. I could care less about the dude himself.. He has got to be the dumbest person I have ever met.. I swear..