I have another question

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like to feed my Ts, adult or slings, asap after I get them. I know I'm always hungry after a long flight, so they might be too. PLus, it seems to make them settle in faster if they do end up eating.

What kind of T did you get? Congrats.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like to feed my Ts, adult or slings, asap after I get them. I know I'm always hungry after a long flight, so they might be too. PLus, it seems to make them settle in faster if they do end up eating.

What kind of T did you get? Congrats.
Yep, I feed all of mine the day of arrival too. I see it as a peace offering...from me to the T...lol. :)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
congrats on the T :)

I usually offer at least one cricket to new arrivals...almost all have eaten within an hour if I put them in a quiet spot. Give it a few hours, if it hasn't eaten you can always take it out and try again the next day. General rule of thumb is remove uneaten prey after 24 hours, but with new arrivals it wouldn't hurt to give em just a few hours, imho.

jester240

Arachnopeon
Gental Giants

Congrates on the new T.
G. aurerosttriata well soon become your favorite they are probably the most social of all, mine never uses her hide. And mine never turns down a meal. And yes I too feed mine as soon as they are home. This should be the recommened 1st T for anyone new to the hobby.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feed all mine as soon as I get them. Who knows when the last time they ate and if they aren't hungry, they wont eat. No big deal.

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chaco feeding

I had a 1/2" Chaco. I fed it as soon as I got it home. I dont think the cricket seen it comming.It was gone that fast. He/she has grown to over an inch and is a very good eater. Give it lots of substrate they love to dig and remodel.
Enjoy your new "T"
Jason