I have an empty enclosure...

CJ Charlebois

Arachnopeon
So I have an empty Exo-Terra 12x12x12 that I used to keep my scorpion in, and I can't figure out what to keep in it. I have a desert setup right now, but I'm not all that attached. I didn't know where to post this, but over here seemed the most broad. Any suggestions would be phenomenal!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The cage itself is pretty versatile - a few changes to substrate and decor and you could keep any of a number of different things in it, as long as you are able to maintain the appropriate temperature and humidity range. What are you looking for in your new pet? Do you want another scorpion of some sort? A tarantula or other spider? Beetles or mantises? Centipedes or millipedes? Vinegaroons or amblypygi? Do you want something you can handle or are you content to just look? Do you want something colorful? Big? Active? Docile? An aggressive feeder? A pet hole? An impressive webber? Something that will freak out your mom/spouse/roommate/friends? Something that needs minimal care?

Without at least some idea of what you are looking for in a pet, it's hard to make recommendations.

CJ Charlebois

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of something handleable and pretty. Although, it would be nice to be able to leave it alone for a week at a time, as I move around often. I'm rather new to the hobby, so I have no idea what to look for.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Millipedes could work out well. There are plenty of beautiful species available, and assuming you have a proper substrate you could leave them unattended for a week. You'd just have to make sure moisture wouldn't be an issue (automatic mister or just making sure the substrate is nice and moist before leaving).

Florida Ivory Millipedes (Chicobolus spinigerus) are a really good beginner species, they like to hang out on the surface a bit.
If you give them food like fruits just make sure you remove anything the next day to prevent pests from coming in.

If you're not looking for millipedes I'm sure there are plenty of other good options but millipedes are what I know best lol.

Isopods would work well too and there are lots of great species out here, so it's hard to list just one. You could look around and find something you like. Roach Crossing has a decent selection of isopods available.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you don't want to do too much with the set up, you can get a mix of darkling beetles. Long lived, unbelievably hardy, can be easily handled, and are entertaining to watch.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you don't want to do too much with the set up, you can get a mix of darkling beetles. Long lived, unbelievably hardy, can be easily handled, and are entertaining to watch.
Long lived and hardy is right! I had a cage with some darkling beetles that got stuffed under a shelf and completely forgotten for at least six months, maybe more. (I thought it was empty except for a few dead beetles; turns out, either some of them weren't as dead as I thought, or there were some buried/hiding that I didn't know were there!) When I dug out the cage so I could clean it out and re-use it, I was shocked to discover a couple of beetles wandering around, alive and well! (Eleodes sp. and Phloeodes diabolicus). While I would definitely not recommend leaving beetles unattended for long periods like that, it does show that they are quite forgiving of lapses in husbandry.