I have 2 problems,pls give me ideeas!

epr0gress

Arachnopeon
I have 2 Theraphosa Blondi,each at 4-5cm(2" inch),for more than 1 month they dont molt and one has a big abdomen and the other one abdomen is not so big,they don`t eat and they are not molting... They are fast growers and for more than a month they didn`t mold...why? I fed them well and the substrat is moist everyday and the temperature is the house temperature...pls give me answers if you know...:mad:
I`m very afraid because i had 6 months ago another teraphosa blondi,same size and died from nothing...
I whant the big!:8o

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Have their abdomens started to darken at all? One month is really not a long time in the tarantula world. If they have stopped eating and their abdomens are nice and plump, then a moult is imminent. In my experience that's pretty much one of the only reasons these voracious buggers ever stop eating.:) I'm sure it will happen before too long.

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How long has it been since they stopped eating? Sometimes it can take a while before they actually molt.

epr0gress

Arachnopeon
My geniculata,for 7 cm at 13 cm molted from 2 months in 2 months...
Those blondi,are more then one month and 1/2 since they last molt i think...
One is fat and i don`t feed it because i don`t whant to have molting problems and one is thin and don`t eat...
They don`t have browner abdomens...
I`m not a new one in this hobby,i think is strange...
I don`t like small tarantulas,i don`t know how to keep it good,but now i think is ideal,21-22 temperature celsius,moist every day...
At 4 cm what is the time,aprox,to molt a theraphosa blondi?
Sorry for my perfect english :)))

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there really doesnt seem to be anything wrong just yet. The big abdomen one sounds fine. And what do you mean by small abdomen on the other, is it very skinny or just smaller than the other?

Any chance you have a picture?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
any one got a clue as to whats going on as i was lost after the first sentence :? :? :? :confused: :confused: :confused: **** phil

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
any one got a clue as to whats going on as i was lost after the first sentence :? :? :? :confused: :confused: :confused: **** phil
From what I read, the bloke's got two spiders, both are not eating well (but are getting regular food). He's had them a month, has read that they're fast growing, and so far, he's had no joy. He then goes on to describe their abdomens, and then to express his fear that they will die, like one he had some time ago, which passed with no explaination.

I'm not sure that I can offer any more advice than what has come so far. They may well be taking their time about moulting. When you say "house temperature", what is that in Fs or Cs?