I hate my P. Metallica!

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She won't molt. She has been in premolt and not eating for 2 months at least now. Maybe more. I have never has an OW T go this long without eating. She matured in 04. Has any one else experienced this?

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
At that age, she has to be about at the end of her road.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you hate her, you can send her to me. :D

But, she may yet molt. The older they get, the longer premolt takes.

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have two that are under 1.5 years old and they are doing the same! I have a fresh male waiting for them too! One of the females lost a leg 5 months ago, maybe that is stalling her molt but the other female is well over due. And yes, mine have not eaten for about 4 months too. They still look healthy and are moving around. It is just a waiting game.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How? It's female, wouldn't it have many more years?
They have definately more years, a friend of mine have 20 females and the oldest one are from 1999, several from 01. So no need to suspect imminent death here.

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
How much have and often have you fed her since her last molt? Whats her LS? Cage temp? How is the humidity and ventalation?

Its possible that she was fed alot in a short amount of time. My 2" male P. ornata would feed for a week everyday then not eat for a month. But thats because i power feed my Ts and keep them at 85+ deg.

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't believe this...I threw her a cricket the other day after she refused food for 2 months and she pounced on it. I could have sworn she would have been in premolt by now. It's been 13 or 14 months since her last molt.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She won't molt. She has been in premolt and not eating for 2 months at least now. Maybe more. I have never has an OW T go this long without eating. She matured in 04. Has any one else experienced this?
I have had them in premolt far longer than that! I think 7 months was a record for one of my smaller females, no food no nothing and then one day she decided to molt.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had my female a.bicegoi for 9 months before she finally molted. She had to be in premolt for atleast 2 months. Sorry to hear your metallica wasn't in pre molt though.

Matt

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm going through the same thing with my rosie.. I've noticed the bald spot on her abdomen thats been getting darker underneath since august and she still hasn't molted.. It was around this time last year she molted to so idk what to think.

MadTitan

Arachnopeon
My girlfriends P.metallica has been hanging around fat and plump and seemingly pre-molt for close to a year. She is still small-ish; 3-4 inches. None of our other pokies have done this. I hypothesize she is waiting for a climate cue of some kind.

Do wild P.metallica normally molt at a certain time of the year?