I hate ants

mostasteless

Arachnopeon
I had a problem with ants attacking my crickets about 2 weeks ago so I move them and sety some traps around the house and it seemed to take care of the problem but Iwas wrong.

I got up this morning and turned on the light to see they managed to get int to the tank with my babie emps and killed 3 of them (the first 3 I have lost :( )

I am going to have to remove the tank from the cabinate and spray some bug killer in their, but how long do I need to air out the cabinate before I can put the tanks back, 3 days, 1 week, longer? Also aer their any tricks to keep them from coming back because the ant bait/traps only seemed to work for about a week.

I am soo pissed and have no idea what to do, so all imput will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm I don't think that a bugkiller spray is good for inverts.. it might get your other inverts (and crickets) very ill or kill them. After spraying it may take a while before it'll completly diseaper.

For bugkillers used by the ones who kills ants, mices etc, it takes 6months to 12months to get rid of it all, before you can get inverts. I've also heard that somebody got his neighbor to get somebody to clean the mices out of his house, and 75% of his inverts dies, and it wasn't in his home!

Why can't you put a secure screened lid on your scorps and crickets containers, it would do the job, instead of spraying and killing ants.

Good luck, Frank

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Grease up all the feat area on your cabinet with vaseline. The ants wont cross it. But you`ll have to wipe it off every week and put more back on. In some forein countries they put the legs of there beds and stuff on little saucers filled with cooking oil. this all works very well. Avoid the RAID!! Its very leathal to inverts

Mat