I had to say my goodbyes..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
After recently moving to a new apartment I was able to bring African species back into my collection as I am no longer renting and part of my old agreement was to have no OW species in the house. A small apartment was all I could afford though so I have had tubs of spiders placed all rooms throughout my home.

I have been able to re-kindle my love for baboon spiders but at a cost, not just financially, but I have also had to sell most of my collection as I just had no room to live for the amount of spiders around the apartment and watering feeding has taken up most of my life lately. Its tough but has to be done. :sorry:

Over the past month I have said goodbye to every specimen I kept of these species -

Aphonopelma chalcodes
Aphonopelma Hentzi
Brachypelma albopilosum HF
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma klaasi
Brachypelma smithi
Cyriocosmus elegans
Euathlus sp. blue femur
Euathlus parvulus
Euathlus sp. yellow
Grammostola porteri
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola rosea
Lasiodora parahybana
Nhandu chromatus
Phormictopus auratus
Plesiopelma sp. bolivia RIP
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Pterinopelma sazimai
Thrixopelma sp. cuzco
Thrixopelma lagunas

Yeah I have more room but it doesnt feel right without them:(. Soon I hope will own a house with enough space for many more Ts and other arachnids but for now I will be focusing on breeding projects with some species.

Does anyone have any good suggestions of good small NW Ts :rolleyes:?

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
After recently moving to a new apartment I was able to bring African species back into my collection as I am no longer renting and part of my old agreement was to have no OW species in the house. A small apartment was all I could afford though so I have had tubs of spiders placed all rooms throughout my home.

I have been able to re-kindle my love for baboon spiders but at a cost, not just financially, but I have also had to sell most of my collection as I just had no room to live for the amount of spiders around the apartment and watering feeding has taken up most of my life lately. Its tough but has to be done. :sorry:

Over the past month I have said goodbye to every specimen I kept of these species -

Aphonopelma chalcodes
Aphonopelma Hentzi
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma klaasi
Brachypelma smithi
Cyriocosmus elegans
Euathlus sp. blue femur
Euathlus parvulus
Euathlus sp. yellow
Grammostola porteri
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola rosea
Lasiodora parahybana
Nhandu chromatus
Phormictopus auratus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Pterinopelma sazimai
Thrixopelma sp. cuzco
Thrixopelma lagunas

Yeah I have more room but it doesnt feel right without them:(. Soon I hope will own a house with enough space for many more Ts and other arachnids but for now I will be focusing on breeding projects with some species.

Man, that blows! But at least you didn't have to get rid of all of your Ts! And on the plus side, you have quite a few gorgeous baboons; I always love checking out your photos of them. And as for a small NW... I would seriously consider Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" Small if I were you!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Man, that blows! But at least you didn't have to get rid of all of your Ts! And on the plus side, you have quite a few gorgeous baboons; I always love checking out your photos of them. And as for a small NW... I would seriously consider Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" Small if I were you!
Thanks! I have kept the large before but someone was overly keen to buy it from me so I let them aha. I love the look of them both. It's Halloweeny too :p

D. diamantinensis, Tappies, Neoholothele all stay small
I am hoping to acquire some Dolichothele diamantinensis soon *cough* @louise f *cough* :p

They look awesome and I love my D. bolivianum. The webbing and speed is intense :D

Some good suggestions for sure, thank you :)

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I've had to do something similar. When I moved I got rid of a lot of my NWs in order to focus on baboons. It's good to know what you like best! Get some unusual NWs. There are some beautiful Cyriocosmus, for example. That blue Ischnocolinae sp. "Dominican Repiblic" or whatever is beautiful, too. There are a lot of good choices!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Get some unusual NWs. There are some beautiful Cyriocosmus, for example. That blue Ischnocolinae sp. "Dominican Repiblic" or whatever is beautiful, too. There are a lot of good choices!
I will need to check that out I haven't heard of this one before!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
D. diamantinensis, Tappies, Neoholothele small
Tappies do need a bit more room though, despite them staying small, because of their zappy disposition.
A purple/orange flash can be fun, but not when it is racing out of its enclosure :p

Lots of NW dwarfs.. Cyriocosmus genus has some stunning small T's :)

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Check out Monocentropus balfouri. Smaller baboon with gorgeous blue accents. A lot of people seem to set them up communally.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Check out Monocentropus balfouri. Smaller baboon with gorgeous blue accents. A lot of people seem to set them up communally.
I have a colony of these and they are all breeding the past week. Hopefully sacs soon. As size goes they are a medium/large baboon sp. My big female is 6+"

Here she is :)
image.jpeg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Theraphosidae sp also stay small, and the sp. Panama looks gorgeous. Ami sp. are also small. Both genus' not very cheap to come by, even in Europe, but it could be worth keeping :)

Really sad you had to lose all those T's, especially when thinking about the time it takes them to grow. Hope you find your dreamhouse soon!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Theraphosidae sp also stay small, and the sp. Panama looks gorgeous. Ami sp. are also small. Both genus' not very cheap to come by, even in Europe, but it could be worth keeping :)

Really sad you had to lose all those T's, especially when thinking about the time it takes them to grow. Hope you find your dreamhouse soon!
Thank you! I am working hard to get there :)

Theraphosidae sp. is a good suggestion. I have a female Theraphosidae sp. panama and a tiny Ami sp. panama. They were quite expensive indeed. I know there is more Ami out there than panama and chica. I would love to see some more but I can't find any.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I have a colony of these and they are all breeding the past week. Hopefully sacs soon. As size goes they are a medium/large baboon sp. My big female is 6+"
Interesting, every video i've seen on them mentions how small they are lol.
She's a beauty! I hope to own one some day.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Interesting, every video i've seen on them mentions how small they are lol.
She's a beauty! I hope to own one some day.
They are a great sp. maybe she is an exception aha. The don't grow very fast and the males mature small. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Aphonopelma chalcodes
Aphonopelma Hentzi
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma klaasi
Brachypelma smithi
Cyriocosmus elegans
Euathlus sp. blue femur
Euathlus parvulus
Euathlus sp. yellow
Grammostola porteri
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola rosea
Lasiodora parahybana
Nhandu chromatus
Phormictopus auratus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Pterinopelma sazimai
Thrixopelma sp. cuzco
Thrixopelma lagunas

[/QUOTE]

You got ride of E sp Yellow?? They are small. SHAME ON YOU!! :wideyed:

Man if you dumped the E sp Yellow, I'm not sure I can recommend another dwarf in good faith.:(:sorry:

Emilia and Klassi too?? Where's the dedication :rolleyes:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@viper69 I know I should have kept the Euathlus but I threw it in with a deal and instantly regretted it. The same goes for the klaasi :(

Ran

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry you needed to downsize...your remaining T's look great! Hopefully soon you will have a permanent residence with more space for the special T's :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'm sorry you needed to downsize...your remaining T's look great! Hopefully soon you will have a permanent residence with more space for the special T's :)
Thanks, it's gonna need to be a mansion. Well, a man can dream! :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince

Aphonopelma chalcodes
Aphonopelma Hentzi
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma klaasi
Brachypelma smithi
Cyriocosmus elegans
Euathlus sp. blue femur
Euathlus parvulus
Euathlus sp. yellow
Grammostola porteri
Grammostola pulchripes
Grammostola rosea
Lasiodora parahybana
Nhandu chromatus
Phormictopus auratus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Pterinopelma sazimai
Thrixopelma sp. cuzco
Thrixopelma lagunas

That's a bummer man. Recently, I've been holding back on new Ts till I can get some of these slings bigger and trade off the extras. Good luck.